My Cobra style Smoothline hardtop.

TnT03cobra

Speed Demon
Established Member
So after my convertible top was cut into for the 2nd time in as many years I said Fck this, I'm going a different route. So I researched and came across Smoothline and decided to purchase a Cobra style hardtop. Ordered it in Feb. And received it this month, it's currently getting painted and installed as I type this. I wanted to start this thread for anyone considering going this route. Only reason I bought my 03 10th vert was it had 35k miles and unmolested ( even had stock catback) for 18k. Not a bad deal right? I'll post more pics once the top is painted and installed. Hardtop.jpg

TnT03cobra

Speed Demon
Established Member
These pics were taken with hardtop just resting on car. No molding, weatherstripping, or hooks were set up yet. So that's why it looks kinda crazy. Should've mentioned that in original post. Once completed it should be nice and tight.

Black2010

Established Member
in for results as well. How does it latch in the rear?

I know on my Miata when I had the hard top on it actually helped stiffen up the chassis a bit. I wounder if it will do the same on our cobras. Would be nice for the summer months around here as I never take the top down as it's nearly 100 degrees out all of July and Aug.

Woody6799

Established Member
These pics were taken with hardtop just resting on car. No molding, weatherstripping, or hooks were set up yet. So that's why it looks kinda crazy. Should've mentioned that in original post. Once completed it should be nice and tight.

Ahhh that, may explain it. My Uncle used to have one for his benz, it was awesome.

TnT03cobra

Speed Demon
Established Member
in for results as well. How does it latch in the rear?

I know on my Miata when I had the hard top on it actually helped stiffen up the chassis a bit. I wounder if it will do the same on our cobras. Would be nice for the summer months around here as I never take the top down as it's nearly 100 degrees out all of July and Aug.

It hooks to convertible chassis by J hooks. And the from uses existing mount from top.

TnT03cobra

Speed Demon
Established Member
Im happy with the outcome of it. Paint is fresh and the fitment is pretty tight. Plus I still have convertible top as 2nd choice. Will get better pics later on today

Users who are viewing this thread