My Cobra: SFP + EX-P + #26 Wax **Dial-up Warning**

Juiced-03

Established Member
Click here for my full review of #26 wax

Here are some pics of my detail on my '03 Cobra. The car was clayed a couple weeks ago and was still pretty smooth. A few light swirls but nothing that SFP couldn't handle with my rotary and a polishing pad (I had already used DACP when it was clayed). Used the PC with a polishing pad and EX-P. Topped with Meguiar's #26 paste wax. I think I prefer the look of EX-P by itself (or with other carnaubas for that matter), but I had to try this wax since it was only 99 cents at Autozone! Some pics were in low light conditions, and my camera was set on daylight, but the cloud shots were nice IMO!

0605exp26wax6.jpg

0605exp26wax1.jpg

0605exp26wax4.jpg

0605exp26wax2.jpg

0605exp26wax5.jpg

trance_in_miami

Established Member
hey do you think that if i apply natty's paste wax after im done applying the canauba moose wax ,can it affect the shine and wetness ?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
hey do you think that if i apply natty's paste wax after im done applying the canauba moose wax ,can it affect the shine and wetness ?
it prolly will

Juiced-03

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Looks awesome. Good job. :beer: You need to get that front spoiler back on there though!

I had to take it off, it scraped way too much going into my driveway and other places!

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I had to take it off, it scraped way too much going into my driveway and other places!

Ahh, that sucks. It took me a while to notice it was even gone. The car still looks awesome though.

Jpjr

Established Member
*if you use caranuba on your car * (my car is black so i swear by it).... you MUST use a pure caranuba on top of your sealant or/and moose wax if you want a deep wet shine.

i'm no expert, but here is my approach. i've spent countless hours studying different combos so if someone can use this and save the time then that's good.. :beer:

1. Clean the car with the Sonus soap or Dawn.
2. CLAY BAR.. always keep the surface wet. Roll the clay in a ball and reform to reveal clean surface.
3. Clean the car again w/regular car soap.
4. SFX 2, plus PC Polishing Pad/5.5-6 speed, (WHITE PAD if using Sonus)- Remove polish with buffing bonnet.
5. SFX 3, plus PC wax pad/4 speed, (BLUE PAD if using Sonus)- Remove polish with similar buffing bonnet
6. Clean the car again- a power rinse here is usually suficient.
7. Poorboys EX Sealant w/PC 2 speed, work into paint longer/ polishing or buff pad (BLUE PAD if using Sonus)- Remove with terry cloth bonnet/towel.
8. Moose Wax w/PC 2 speed, work into paint longer/ buff pad (BLUE PAD if using Sonus)- Remove with terry cloth bonnet/towel.
9. Pure Caranuba by hand- remove with microfiber terry cloth by hand. If you buy good stuff here (either Pinnacle or P21S), it WILL get you to the shine that you desire.

Note: You could cut a corner here by not using the Moose Wax and going straight to Caranuba. From a longevity perspective however, the moose wax will last much longer than pure Caranuba, which is why I use it. It makes my car much easier to 'touch up' after washes with detailing spray without having to re-wax.

Obviously this setup involves a lot of fixed costs (porter cable, pads, expensive waxes, microfiber, etc.), but if your willing to shell out a few hundred bucks up front you will have enough product to last YEARS. It all comes down to whether you enjoy detailing enough to justify the cost.

Scott P

Established Member
Regular Moose Wax is a cleaner wax. I would not use it after EX, or any other sealant or wax. I don't know if I'd even top EX with anything. It has carnauba in it, so adding a carnauba wax on top may not offer everything you are hoping for.

But, the joy of this hobby is experimenting and finding the look that you like. :)

Jpjr

Established Member
Scott P said:
Regular Moose Wax is a cleaner wax. I would not use it after EX, or any other sealant or wax. I don't know if I'd even top EX with anything. It has carnauba in it, so adding a carnauba wax on top may not offer everything you are hoping for.

But, the joy of this hobby is experimenting and finding the look that you like. :)

Sorry, I meant the "Caranuba Moose Wax", and not the "Moose Wax".

And for what its worth the EX sealant is one of the only sealants that tolerates other waxes and or products. From specialty motoring:

"Because it has no cleaning or polishing properties, you can layer the stuff for additional shine and protection. Unlike many other sealants, it will work with other product lines. EX has been shown to last up to six months."

Juiced-03

Established Member
And for what its worth the EX sealant is one of the only sealants that tolerates other waxes and or products. From specialty motoring:

I highly disagree with that statement. I have topped Klasse SG, Wolfgang, EX-P, EX, hell I even topped Zaino with no problems. EX-P is probably one of my favorites to top with though. UPP would be the only sealant I would not top with anything.

Scott P

Established Member
When I wrote that description years ago, the major sealants were Klasse SG and Zaino. Neither product has a good reputation for playing well with others. The meaning behind my description was that it would go over Vanilla Moose, #81, #7, etc. I didn't want to infer that you couldn't top it with anything. I can't think of a product that can't be topped by a good non-cleaning carnauba wax.

Jpjr

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I highly disagree with that statement. I have topped Klasse SG, Wolfgang, EX-P, EX, hell I even topped Zaino with no problems. EX-P is probably one of my favorites to top with though. UPP would be the only sealant I would not top with anything.

Experience talks here. I definitely will not say that you can't top others, the only thing I can say is that you can top EX, since it's what I use and have had no problems running Caranuba Moose and P21S over it. Again, the Moose is the 90 day wax while the P21S gives me the showroom shine. After all the products I've used I can honestly say that there is no substitute for a pure Caranuba. I use the sealant as protection more than for its look. EX-P would probably give me the same result.

Users who are viewing this thread