My Cobra finally showed up from Florida!

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
After almost 2 months of waiting, finally picked my car up at the shipping depot on friday. I bought it on ebay October 13th. 75,000 miles, bone stock. Paid $7725 for it, the paint is in exceptional conditon, interior is awesome, and runs great!

Already put my MGW in it, and here's the list of stuff on order
18x9/10 chrome Saleens--295's/275's
Eibach springs
Tokico blues

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Nice '96 Cobra man....I'd loose the pinstripe and put tan floormats in it....but that's just me. Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

why was it in the shipping yard??

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
Nice '96 Cobra man....I'd loose the pinstripe and put tan floormats in it....but that's just me. Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

why was it in the shipping yard??
Those are the mats that came with it, so I will leave them for now. I don't really like the pinstripe, but my Wife loves it, and being I bought the car without asking, I'm gonna leave it just for her:thumbsup: It was at the shipping yard because I had it shipped from Florida to Utah, it only sat there for about an hour, I was all over those guys all morning to get that thing unloaded:D

Albino Snake

Established Member
Allanon said:
I was all over those guys all morning to get that thing unloaded:D
NICE:thumbsup: Sounds like something I would do:lol: I am impatient when it comes to anything dealing with my car:D Nice clean ride by the way:beer:

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice Cobra:thumbsup: , those seats look like they are in great shape:eek: Oh yeah, you should tell your wife the pin stripes are bad for the paint so you have to remove them..;-)

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
Chrome98Cobra said:
Nice Cobra:thumbsup: , those seats look like they are in great shape:eek: Oh yeah, you should tell your wife the pin stripes are bad for the paint so you have to remove them..;-)
They are, the drivers side has zero cracks or tears, and I dont know if the pass side has ever been sat it.

Toasty

Established Member
Allanon said:
After almost 2 months of waiting, finally picked my car up at the shipping depot on friday. I bought it on ebay October 13th. 75,000 miles, bone stock. Paid $7725 for it, the paint is in exceptional conditon, interior is awesome, and runs great!

Already put my MGW in it, and here's the list of stuff on order
18x9/10 chrome Saleens--295's/275's
Eibach springs
Tokico blues

Get some MM caster-camber plates plus (IMO) a MM bumpsteer kit (the no-drill kit). My car 'hunted/tramlined' like an SOB until I did the CC and bumpsteer kits (FRPP B's). Once the CC and bumpsteer was in the car was back to handling like butter.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
nice cobra man, good find. you will love it even more when you loose the stripe, put the new wheels on, and slam that hoe

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Man.. I can't believe the condition that thing is in considering you got it off Ebay!! Great car, congrats on it! Now its time to start throwing in your $ like the rest of us, and feeding your need for speed :beer:

fa110ut

Established Member
Congratz :)

I remember when mine was bone stock... so many options to consider. Good times.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Niiice, believe it or not, I miss my car when it was stock. It represents the innocence of youth, lol...I saved for 3 years to buy that car when I turned 18 back in highschool, and now it's all crazy-different. :(

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
Should have taken the wife with and flew down to get it, thats half the fun! Me and the wife did that when I bought mine, we flew to Oklahoma. The only thing you need to worry about is weather. Mine had seen rain maybe 3-4 times in its life when I got there, and after driving home in 400 miles of a terential down pour, I felt like crying. Oh well, it still looks brand new underneath. Nice car, you will love it!

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
Socom688 said:
Man.. I can't believe the condition that thing is in considering you got it off Ebay!! Great car, congrats on it! Now its time to start throwing in your $ like the rest of us, and feeding your need for speed :beer:
Yeah, I was completely stunned when I won it, I thought for sure somebody would outbid me at the last second. I looked at one here locally, same color and everything, had 130k miles and was prett beat, the guy wanted 10k for it. I thought mine would sell for at least that, oh well, I guess there is still some deals on the bay.

jzepp

Established Member
nice........oh you know your gonna be modding it. I can never keep my cars stock. you always crave for more power. I thought mine was fast 10 months ago when i bought it...now i think it is slow with just flowmaster catback exhaust, offroad h-pipe and JLT ram air.

Users who are viewing this thread