My Clutch pedal is hard, releases at the end and changing gears is hard, quadrant?

JaguarS4R

Established Member
Once again, dont know what clutch I have in the modded car that I bought (which not having info SUCKS) but everything is overall fine, its just so hard to put in gear and the clutch pedal itself is pretty hard and I feel like needs to be adjusted. I remember my 03 Cobra I had, had the clutch quadrant and when the gears felt super hard to go in, I would just loosen the cable and it made the problem go away, the 03 cobra was so bad, that I wouldnt even be able to put it in REVERSE until I loosened the cable. (the quadrant kept loosening by itself since I didnt put any loctite on it) So is that why 97 Cobra I have now needs? Will it help with both my clutch or just the shifting, the pedal releases literally towards the end which makes it a B1TCH to take off smoothly or launch

goat-ee

Established Member
Define "the end"? Does the clutch release with the pedal pushed almost all the way in? Or do you mean that the pedal is almost all the way out when the clutch releases?

If it's the 1st one, then yes, that's why you are having trouble with getting car into gear.

Users who are viewing this thread