My Car

mustangcobra93

Established Member
Lately, I've become very frustrated with my car and think it may be time to move on after owning it for 11 years. I have a couple local friends interested in it, but honestly have no idea what to ask for it. I am the 3rd owner and have owned it since 1997. The car has approximately 108,000 miles on it right now. The current mods include:

FMS 31 spline differential
FMS 3.55 gear
Moser 31 spline axles
steeda rear upper control arms
MM rear lower control arms
MAC rear end girdle
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
aftermarket clutch quad and firewall adjuster
UPR smog pump delete pulley
PA Performance 130 amp alternator
K&N drop in panel filter
Off road h-pipe
flowmaster catback

The car has been a daily driver pretty much since I've had it so it shows normal wear for age. Right now the car has a miss that I'm trying to figure out, but both people interested don't seem to mind because they want to build a nice motor anyway. So how much? Any other questions just ask.

mustangcobra93

Established Member
That seems awful high to me. I was thinking more like $6000. I guess I should explain the miss a little more. The car starts and will idle but the idle is rough and the motor shakes pretty bad. When you give it a little gas it smooths out. However, its down on power so something is obviously wrong.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
That seems awful high to me. I was thinking more like $6000. I guess I should explain the miss a little more. The car starts and will idle but the idle is rough and the motor shakes pretty bad. When you give it a little gas it smooths out. However, its down on power so something is obviously wrong.

I had one that ran that way, the EGR valve was staying open, basicly a big vacuum leak.

mustangcobra93

Established Member
$6000? I'd like to see pics

So, do you think that is too high or what? I don't have any recent pics, but it is in good shape. It has a few dings here and there since it has been daily driven all its life. Never wrecked, clean title. The only thing wrong is the rear leaks a tiny bit of fluid if it sits for awhile and the miss in the motor.

Where are you at in kentucky?

I'm in Lexington, but the car is pretty much sold if I do decide to sell it. I just don't know what to ask. Oh yea, I forgot to add to the mod list that it has a SPEC stage 3 clutch, steel bearing reatiner and SPEC billet steel flywheel.

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
dude you are starting to sound like one of those Nigerian scam artist! Ask 9k for it! you can always go down on price but you can never go back up.

mustangcobra93

Established Member
LOL, I'm no scammer.

Here are some old pics of the car. I think I took these in '05 or '06. The car has gone downhill a little since then. Also, the engine is mosty bone stock now. I forgot to mention it has Tokico drag struts and Tokico "blue" rear shocks.

Img_3235.jpg

1162686461_l.jpg

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Your car stock is worth quite a bit more than $6000 even with the engine miss.

I have sold recon. title theft recovery Cobras for $6500 with no motor/trans.

I sold a buddy of mine a 170k mile 93 Cobra with badly faded original paint and grey leather that was in shreds for nearly $8000 and I could have sold it for more if I had sold it to someone other than a buddy.

Your car should easily be worth $8k even if the motor actually needs some internal work... i.e head gaskets or what is wrong with it.

mustangcobra93

Established Member
TTT

The motor runs fine now. A complete list of stuff still on the car is:

FMS 31 spline differential
FMS 3.55 rear end gear
Moser 31 spline axles
MAC rear end girdle
Maximum Motorsports lower control arms
Steeda upper control arms
Walbro 255 lph high pressure fuel pump
Flowmaster cat-back exhaust
Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors
Tokico blue shocks
Tokico drag struts
ARP head bolts
Mr. Gasket 180 degree thermostat
Stage 8 locking header bolts
FMS spark plug wires
PA Performance 130 amp alt
Mr. Gasket phenolic spacer
K&N panel air filter
Trickflow valve spring upgrade
FMS timing chain
Clifford car alarm
Polk dash, door & rear speakers
Clarion cd player
SPEC stage 3 clutch
SPEC billet steel flywheel
FMS steel bearing retainer
Clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster

Like I said before I drive the car everyday so it's pretty dependable. There are a few issues that I know of. 1. The a/c system is installed but the hose that goes from the compressor over to the passenger side of the car is cracked and needs to be replaced and either recharged with R12 or converted to R134a. 2. The car probably needs a new headlight switch. If you just use the headlights everthing works fine, but sometimes with you turn on the headlights and foglights together they will turn off and on. 3. Probably needs new rear tires. 4. There is a whining noise when you push the clutch pedal in. I think this is the clutch release bearing, but this was replaced about two years ago so I don't know why it is making noise. Clutch works great as does the transmission. 5. Normal dings and such from a 15 year old daily driven car however the original paint is still in great shape.

So with all this said what should I ask for it? I check auto trader last night and the cheapest one I saw on there was $11,500 for one similar to mine. The car has 110,000 miles on it now. Car has never been wrecked and I have owned it since 1997.

Last edited:

SVTRick

SVTRick
Established Member
These cars will not go up in value if people start giving them away. We determine what the future increase of value in these cars. They are limited number of them out there and they are special. Don t give them away.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
the harmonic balancer may be bad(especially if its stock). I got laughed at on orangecountyhorsepower.com for putinng my 93 for sale. tools said it was worth $5k. i deleted the ad due to inmature replies. your car is worth what someone is willing to pay.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
Your car stock is worth quite a bit more than $6000 even with the engine miss.

I have sold recon. title theft recovery Cobras for $6500 with no motor/trans.

I sold a buddy of mine a 170k mile 93 Cobra with badly faded original paint and grey leather that was in shreds for nearly $8000 and I could have sold it for more if I had sold it to someone other than a buddy.

Your car should easily be worth $8k even if the motor actually needs some internal work... i.e head gaskets or what is wrong with it.

Cobra186, you have to much money and to many cars(maybe less money with cars). How do you maintain them?

TFStang

Established Member
AT this point, hold on to it, or you will likely take a hit. That car around Boston, MA wouldn't go for over $6K.

Speedfreek

Established Member
If it wouldn't do 6k then what would your 94 be worth? 2-3k? Because the 93s have always brought much more than what the 94-95 cars do.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
If it wouldn't do 6k then what would your 94 be worth? 2-3k? Because the 93s have always brought much more than what the 94-95 cars do.

Exactly. Your car is worth more than $6k. Don't listen to that dude. He's hell bent on devaluing these things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread