my car just got hit

NA97GT

Established Member
I was parked in my friends driveway, and his girlfriend backed out of the garage and ran into my mustang. She shattered the taillight and scratched up the left corner of my rear bumper. I asked her for her insurance info and she said she just got new insurance and doesnt have a card yet. She told me the companys name and I know her full name. What should I do next, this sucks I just washed my car and was admiring how great it looks too.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Damn that's weak sauce. Well seeing how it's your friends gf, she really can't 'bust' a hit and run. So don't be too worried. I honestly would just give her the opportunity to settle the matter without involving the insurance. If it was an honest mistake (although careless) and if he's a good friend of yours, then why not.

Back in high school a girl rammed the back of my stang and messed up the bumper pretty bad while we drove out of the campus. She got out of the car crying and looked pretty shaken up. I got out, gave her a hug to calm her, lol, and told her to give me her #. Then I just told her to go home settle down and figure a way to tell her parent's what she did and to have them give me a call either that day or the next. Settled it without the insurance and everything was fine.

So don't flip out bro, as long as she is willing to work things out in an efficient manner, it's cool.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
damn that's weak sauce. Well seeing how it's your friends gf, she really can't 'bust' a hit and run. So don't be too worried. I honestly would just give her the opportunity to settle the matter without involving the insurance. If it was an honest mistake (although careless) and if he's a good friend of yours, then why not.

Back in high school a girl rammed the back of my stang and messed up the bumper pretty bad while we drove out of the campus. She got out of the car crying and looked pretty shaken up. I got out, gave her a hug to calm her, lol, and told her to give me her #. Then i just told her to go home settle down and figure a way to tell her parent's what she did and to have them give me a call either that day or the next. Settled it without the insurance and everything was fine.

So don't flip out bro, as long as she is willing to work things out in an efficient manner, it's cool.

+1

Juruense

Banned
Document as much as possible with photographs and police report and then call your agent. Or just call your agent and ask for guidance.

NA97GT

Established Member
I called my agent who's a family friend, and he told me to contact her insurance. I got a quote today any the shop quoted a total repair of about $930. Im not trying to screw anyone over, I dont want a scuffed up car, and Im not willing to pay for something that isnt my fault.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread