My car is here!

farmboy90

Established Member
My car is at the rail yard in El Mirage, AZ. Another member here Franz lives close by and was able to sneak a shot of it. THANKS FRANZ!

Here it is baby!!

72548776.jpg

9562e869.jpg

I talked to the guy who runs the transport company for the rail yard, and he told me I could pick it up myself tomorrow! All I need is for the dealer to call them and tell them it is ok.

AWESOME!!!

And thanks to so many of you for your help though all this!!

Myfast70

Established Member
Just got back from errands and was going to head out that way. Looks like Franz beat me to it. I thought I was impatient but I think I've found someone worse than me, lol.

Now what happens if the dealer does decide to let you pick it up and you get it home and find that it's scratched or something is wrong with it? Will you be S.O.L.? Doesn't this give the dealer / Ford a way out of having to fix it as there was no representation from the dealer there to see if it showed up that way?

If you were to pick it up from the dealer how much longer would you have to wait?

Let us know what happens and if you can go pick it up.

farmboy90

Established Member
Just got back from errands and was going to head out that way. Looks like Franz beat me to it. I thought I was impatient but I think I've found someone worse than me, lol.

Now what happens if the dealer does decide to let you pick it up and you get it home and find that it's scratched or something is wrong with it? Will you be S.O.L.? Doesn't this give the dealer / Ford a way out of having to fix it as there was no representation from the dealer there to see if it showed up that way?

If you were to pick it up from the dealer how much longer would you have to wait?

Let us know what happens and if you can go pick it up.

I assume I can mark down any issues I find before I sign for the release of the vehicle. The dealership said they'd take care of any issues as long as I report them in a reasonably timeline manner. So I am not too worried about it.

I have a feeling the dealer will NOT let me pick it up though. I bet they will say that they need to inspect it for safety reasons or something. but the car has probably already been driven 5-6 miles (on and off trains, etc), so things must work ok. So I have a sinking feeling they won't let me pick it up. I won't know for sure unless they reply to my email request tonight, or until I call in the morning.

And if I have to wait, it sounds like it will be Tuesday before I can get it. The guy at the rail yard told me it would likely get loaded on to a truck tomorrow night and then head out for delivery early Tuesday morning.

And there isn't too much to gain waiting for the dealer to get it, since I told them not to touch the car. So any blemishes etc, are going to be just as hard to identify there as they would be in the rail yard. So the only thing that would stop me from going to get it tomorrow is if the dealer pulls some nonsense and won't let me go get it.

Of course I'd rather have it tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

jbs$

Established Member
Congrats - The many hundreds or thousands of us that have followed your ups and downs with your car order are very happy for you. We will miss the day to day news of whats happening now as we all, I believe, got almost personaly attached to your issues. If nothing else thanks for the education on how the process operates as this alone has kept my bloodpressure down while I have been waiting for my own car.

Myfast70

Established Member
I know how you feel man! I've been waiting longer than you have (ordered 5/3). I still have at least another month to go from here. At least you'll get it before your birthday now! That's an awesome present.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I know how you feel man! I've been waiting longer than you have (ordered 5/3). I still have at least another month to go from here. At least you'll get it before your birthday now! That's an awesome present.

That's not too bad yet lol.

My original order was placed 3/29. That order still never got pulled. I finally got a car on 8/4.

The waiting sucks, but man is it worth it.

SteveWK

Established Member
Glad it's on its way! I was lucky and found what I wanted online and just had to fly there to get it. But I was a mess until I got there and signed all of the papers and what not. I just kept thinking something was going to go wrong. Glad it all worked out for you.

Steve

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
LOL, I love how you guys can't get to it but take photos thru the fence, hopefully ill be doing that soon.

farmboy90

Established Member
LOL, I love how you guys can't get to it but take photos thru the fence, hopefully ill be doing that soon.

Yeah, what's cool about this is that I was unable to trek across town to see it myself. So a couple guys on the forums here went over there for me to sneak a peek! How awesome is this forum! :rockon:

And if I am unable to go get tomorrow, the rail yard guys promised to walk over and take a few close up shots and email them to me. How cool is that? :banana:

WAL

Established Member
My car is at the rail yard in El Mirage, AZ. Another member here Franz lives close by and was able to sneak a shot of it. THANKS FRANZ!

Here it is baby!!

I talked to the guy who runs the transport company for the rail yard, and he told me I could pick it up myself tomorrow! All I need is for the dealer to call them and tell them it is ok.

AWESOME!!!

And thanks to so many of you for your help though all this!!

Congrats Farmboy!!!! :rockon:

finsrin

Established Member
Being stuck in the waiting doldrums. I'm excited for you and each of us that reaches delivery time. So cool. Congrats and enjoy.
Liken it to getting your own F-15

Users who are viewing this thread