My car is coming

DukeNukem1

Established Member
Called Ford today with my vin to find out how far along my car is and she said it was in body shop on March 20 and today it was on the trim line. Anybody have an idea how long it takes from there?

cluscher

Established Member
My car was built on 3/15 and arrived at the dealer today, but mine shipped via convoy rather than rail. Rail will take longer. I would figure on delivery being about a month from now.

Snoopy49

Established Member
cluscher,
Call your dealer in the morning and request a Vehicle Visibility Report. It may not be available in a week.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My car was built on 3/15 and arrived at the dealer today, but mine shipped via convoy rather than rail. Rail will take longer. I would figure on delivery being about a month from now.

I'm surprised they shipped it via convoy from Flat Rock to Washington. Not very cost effective if that's indeed how they did it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, bought it from a dealer outside of Pittsburgh. No MSRP deals out here!

Ah.

But still, even from Flat Rock to Pittsburgh wouldn't make much sense to me lol

But hey, what do I know.

krt22

Established Member
Ah.

But still, even from Flat Rock to Pittsburgh wouldn't make much sense to me lol

But hey, what do I know.

My dealer was ~400 miles from FRAP and it went via convoy, Pittsburgh is <300 miles so seems legit. Conversely the guy who found my allocation was about 50 miles east of my dealer and his went via rail and took forever and a half to arrive. So it looks like ~400 miles is the radius or about 1 day via truck

Users who are viewing this thread