My car has a belt eating problem.

dougwg

Established Member
newbreed77 said:
OMG...
Tell us your kidding.
If Reichard Racing pulleys are such junk that why do the two companys you mention base their designs off them?

Reichard Racing pulley are not junk! and yes, thats my professional opinion :dw:

as far as designs based on his pulleys:

I did the design work on the BilletFlow interchangeable pulley. I also pay Jim Reichard royalties on every pulley I sell that use his non-slip geometry. :read:

On the other hand, www.SFPHQ.com simply stole his design for the non-slip geometry. :bash:

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
I did some investigating on the idler yesterday and it looks like that is probably the problem. I'm buying the washer today and hopefully putting it on tonight.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Put the washer on last night and it doesn't even look like the belt is walking at all now. Hopefully it fixed it!

BlackSabbath

Established Member
BradN01 said:
Put the washer on last night and it doesn't even look like the belt is walking at all now. Hopefully it fixed it!

I just put mine on and noticed the same thing! Before I had the washer on, it would walk out towards the edge of the idler when I revved the motor.

mosconiac said:
BradN01 & BlackSabbath: Add the washer! Its a trivial job and will help (if not solve) your problems.

You were right! Thanks again for the tip mosconiac. :beer:

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
any updates on this. i just added the washer today after noticing last night that my gates belt walked towards the engine when i reved it. but the washer on and changed to a gatorback belt and no more walking. time will tell.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
BradN01 said:
HELP!! I have put 2 belts on my car since I added the lower pulley. I went with a Gatorback belt first and this one was a Gates. It threw the belt when I downshifted and went WOT. I called LFP and they said my Reichard Racing upper was too aggresive for a Gatorback so I tried a Gates. The car has had this belt on for about 2 weeks. My pulley setup is a RR 2.75" non-slip upper, Billetflow 4 piece idler set, stock alt. pulley, and a LFP 3# lower with the idler in the lower posistion. Has anyone had this problem? I don't mind buying a belt every now and then but 2 in 3 weeks is getting costly at $45 a pop.
take the lower idler pulley and put in upper most hole, problem solved! nomore belt problems, i ate belts the same way and the mess was discouraging.i messed with this problem and did washers too, when i used upper hole, no more problem, i use rr 2.90 non slip pulley w/lfp4#lower and use gates belt, no gatorbacks here, to install belt i needed to remove aux. idler pulley next to blower pulley and slip aux. pulley w/belt together into mounting hole and tighten bolt, all while holding tensioner completely extended open. if you have any motoblue stuff on there from rpm, discard and replace w/billetflow and lfp lowers only or rr pulleys. the upper pulley 2.76 is too small when going with a lower change. i've used 2.77 w/6#lower, 2.8 w/lfp4#lower and now 2.90rr non slip w/lfp4#lower, this produces the best power band and greatest overall performance. i am not ported for i want a kb on my car. i want to go 200mph someday. with 2.90 rr pulley, bf 4 pulley set-up,lfp4#lower w/ lower idler in upper hole and 3.2 alt. pulley i use the gates belt from napa #25-080816,it would not go on without removing the upper aux. pulley and putting them on together with the tensioner fully opened,after that no more belt crawling forward on lower pulley. i tried everysize belt available and remained totally frustrated till i figured out my problem. there shoud be no reason to replace belts because i pushed my gas pedal to the floor, i try to keep it to the floor as often as possible. with rr nonslip pulley i have no more slipping problems as i did before. good luck i hope this solves your problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread