My Car feels laggish

4vRedone

Banned
I ran my buddy with a stock srt4 bone stock in fact and he beat me... Im seriously upset about it since i have a mmr900 shortblock 10.5 compression jlt intake h pipe and catback. With 410 gears....

Now i know my 4th gear is gone but we ran from 40-90 or so do you think my 4th gear being gone would affect my other gears as well as over all performance?

4vRedone

Banned
Oh not to mention i just went out and checked my oil it was 1.5 quarts low. I know im dumb i havent checked it lately cause i havent driven it... WOuld that affect my performance as well?

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Never run an srt-4 from a roll. Dig it. You'll leave them so far behind they can't catch you from 40-90 lol

SVT Rob

Established Member
40-90 is SRT territory, hate to tell you. That's right in his 2md gear power band for instant turbo spool, I bet he walked you pretty good. Unless the person has good suspension and knows how to drive a high horsepower FWD, you should own him from a dig.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
40-90 is SRT territory, hate to tell you. That's right in his 2md gear power band for instant turbo spool, I bet he walked you pretty good. Unless the person has good suspension and knows how to drive a high horsepower FWD, you should own him from a dig.

My opinion unless you're not n/a most turbo or supercharged cars even 4 cyl will pull pretty good from a 40. I've raced speed 3s, srt-4s, Evos, wrxs and If you can drive and have good tires you can pull the awd cars from a dig. Roll race IMO are for ricers

SVT Rob

Established Member
Very true. Most folks don't know how to launch an AWD, so if you find a poser that has one and thinks because he's got an AWD, he's going to win from a dig, he's got another thing coming.

Most of the turbo FWD's race from a roll because they get no traction down low. I've watched a turbo Civic down here at the local track, he runs 10.0's in the 1/8th mile, because he leaves with traction, then when boost builds up, it just breaks loose and bangs the rev limiter.

Throttle control.... He has none.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I couldn't agree more. Some have a driver mod some ain't so lucky but fwd is hard as hell to launch without slicks or atleast good tires

4vRedone

Banned
Well he's stock... that's my point no ee just ran again but I got him by a car or so idk but it did bog
I'm not throwing any cel codes tho so I'm confused

SVT Rob

Established Member
I agree with y'all about the heat. I just moved to Southern Florida from Central Texas. Went from low-100's and almost no humidity to mid-90's and 100% humidity. Not sure which is worse, yet.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I agree with y'all about the heat. I just moved to Southern Florida from Central Texas. Went from low-100's and almost no humidity to mid-90's and 100% humidity. Not sure which is worse, yet.

Not a fan of either. But I've never experienced bad humidity yet. Been in Tucson my whole life the worst it gets is monsoon season

Users who are viewing this thread