My car came to life today!

5.0 guy

Established Member
The past few weeks I've driven my Shelby I've thought that it was a great car but the power was not that impressive well today I was sitting having a late afternoon coffee and ran across the "3.73" thread and caught on to the TC issue. Thanks to Dustin I now relize that unless you press the brake and press the TC button five times you are still in partial traction control, I only had one run at it but damn my car came to life! Thanks to the good people on this forum since I never read any directions like a knucklehead! The beer I'm drinking on my porch on this beautiful Colorado evening is for you guys! Cheers! :beer:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
The past few weeks I've driven my Shelby I've thought that it was a great car but the power was not that impressive well today I was sitting having a late afternoon coffee and ran across the "3.73" thread and caught on to the TC issue. Thanks to Dustin I now relize that unless you press the brake and press the TC button five times you are still in partial traction control, I only had one run at it but damn my car came to life! Thanks to the good people on this forum since I never read any directions like a knucklehead! The beer I'm drinking on my porch on this beautiful Colorado evening is for you guys! Cheers! :beer:

5 times?
Its hold brake and hold for 10 sec.
Correct?

1FASFKR

Established Member
? Press TC 5 times? You can completely disable "Advanced" TC by pressing the brake pedal and holding the TC button until it says "Advanced TC off". Then everything is also locked in the sport mode too.

I guess I'm not sure what you're doing...

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
The owners manual is your friend. I've found it hard to read while driving too. Sometimes ya just gotta stop & read the book..

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
You hold TC down for about 5 sec to turn off everything but the Electronic Clutch Protection (which can't be turned off without an aftermarket tune). You "Double Tap" TC to change normal traction control to Sport mode.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Previous drama deleted, some of you guys have had the pleasure of more seat time then me.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Perhaps you should put the beer down and step away from the computer. This is meant for fun, talking cars and occasionally ribbing each other. Its only the interwebz, no need to take it so serious.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Thanks for the advise smartass, keep your sarcasm to yourself, the beer wasn't dedicated to you it was the piss I took later

No, I think you just took it wrong. I was just stating a fact. I wasn't meaning YOU were driving & trying to read the owners manual, it was me that was trying to do that when I got my car.

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Thanks for the advise smartass, keep your sarcasm to yourself, the beer wasn't dedicated to you it was the piss I took later

Ouch!!!!!!!

No, I think you just took it wrong. I was just stating a fact. I wasn't meaning YOU were driving & trying to read the owners manual, it was me that was trying to do that when I got my car.

This is how I took it as well when I read your post ... I mean we all enjoy driving these cars so much, who wants to stop and read the manual :)

Crowley

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member

For some reason I took that a bit too personal but my response was a bit inappropriate so I do apologize sir and thanks for clarifying. I think that was just a result of a very long stressful day. :beer:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Ouch!!!!!!!

This is how I took it as well when I read your post ... I mean we all enjoy driving these cars so much, who wants to stop and read the manual :)

Crowley

This I the first car I've had to read a manual to actually drive but the technology is so advanced these days there is no way around it, you have a beautiful car by the way and love the pic!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys should kiss and make up *no homo*

Ive noticed that if the car is already in sport mode/traction control off I cant get it to disable advance track completely. I habe to enBle everything then stRt the button hold down process. Just me or has anyone else experienced that?

5.0 guy

Established Member
Lol, back to my original statement, when I pressed the TC five times it did feel like the power increased, does the Sport track mode give it a little more slippage then just engaging it once? My car is in a different city so can't look at the book yet.

raustin0017

Established Member
The procedure sound simple and I can't wait to try it. On my 2009 M3 to use Launch Control you had to do six steps.
1. Turn on Power mode switch
2. Turn off DSC control
3. Place shift model in position 6
4. Hold shift lever all the way forward
5. Floor gas and hold it down
6. Release shift lever and try and keep from smiling. Only 420 HP but pulled real hard.

Most of those steps could be programmed into the M-button on the steering wheel. And it would shorten the procedure down to the last three steps.

5.0 guy

Established Member
It will be interesting to see how this all works, I've always turned off all electronic aids on cars as I've always enjoyed driving them on the raw. I am however excited to see the unleashed power with TC completely off, I thought it felt like it was being held back but now it all makes sense.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It will be interesting to see how this all works, I've always turned off all electronic aids on cars as I've always enjoyed driving them on the raw. I am however excited to see the unleashed power with TC completely off, I thought it felt like it was being held back but now it all makes sense.

Will be curious to hear what you think. I feel the ECP makes the car stumble more than TC in sport mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread