My C6Z dyno vs my old cam'ed LS3 dyno

1.8t

Established Member
I know this is an SVT site, but most of you guys are car nuts like me, so here is an interesting comparison between a moderately modded LS3 and a nearly stock C6Z.

My cam'ed LS3 was hit and total'ed about 3 months ago and I replaced it with an 08 C6Z. Mods on the Z are a Halltech Killer Bee intake and a 160t-stat on the 100% stock factory tune. The mods on my old C6 coupe were intake/headers/exhaust/t-stat/vengeance cam.

The numbers for my Z are in blue and the numbers for my old LS3 coupe are in red. The pic was taken with my Iphone, so I know its not the best. I was shocked at what the Z laid down, but I have been this dyno for 10yrs and its deadly consistent. My old LS3 coupe made 385whp/378wtq stock, 416whp/418wtq w/ bolt on's, and the numbers you see in red w/ a cam on this same dyno. All of those numbers are RIGHT in line, if not slightly lower than what everyone else seems to get.

3973319586_2ed36b062e_o.jpg

blackonblacksls

Established Member
Yeah i think really this shows you how badass the ls3 motors can be compared to the ls7...

Some people are even breaking 500rwhp with them.

venomws6

Established Member
Very nice man you have a FREAK on your hands that the highest Intake not tuned C6 ZO6 I've ever seen.

Does the dyno use STD Correction?? What kind of dyno.

WE NEED VIDEO ASAP.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Great comparison, thanks for sharing!

These damn new LS3/LS7 motors and boosted mod motors are making my credit card finger itchy...

1.8t

Established Member
Very nice man you have a FREAK on your hands that the highest Intake not tuned C6 ZO6 I've ever seen.

Does the dyno use STD Correction?? What kind of dyno.

I thought those numbers were pretty damn stout as well. The dyno is a dynojet 248C and the numbers are SAE corrected, not STD.

venomws6

Established Member
I thought those numbers were pretty damn stout as well. The dyno is a dynojet 248C and the numbers are SAE corrected, not STD.

Huge CONGRATS man :rockon:
Now lets see some 125mph passes...

1.8t

Established Member
I am going to want 126+ mph passes. Same power as my old coupe and 100lbs lighter :)

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Congrats, that's gotta feel great.

Seems a bit high.

Last edited:

1.8t

Established Member
^ Drive it, enjoy it, use that 5yr/100k mile powertrain warranty if need be lol. Car has the stock tune, so merely swapping the stock intake back on(2min) and I am back in warranty spec.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
^ Drive it, enjoy it, use that 5yr/100k mile powertrain warranty if need be lol. Car has the stock tune, so merely swapping the stock intake back on(2min) and I am back in warranty spec.

Ya..I thought the same way you did...for about 2 months lol.

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
^^^--i tried that as well. drove it stock for 2 months, then winter hit and i got bored....you guys know the usual ending to that statement, lmao.

1.8t

Established Member
Lol, you guys aren't helping. My old Coupe I modded within the first 1000 miles. This car is already faster than my old coupe, so hopefully that will keep me content for at least a year or so.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
haha, i told myself the same thing.....drove my c6z bone stock for about 4 months, then installed a kb and tune....then headers, ported intake manifold/tb.....then cam....then heads....then diff heads and diff cam.....then 102mm tb and fast lsxr.....and might be installing a wet kit soon :-D

I think the enjoyment in owning a high performance car is having the ability to constantly evolve its level of performance, which allows you to consistently re-fall in love all over again. if not, you just get bored.

not moddifying your car is almost like banging a super hot chic, but only in the missionary style position. yup, it's awesome, but you always want to turn her over and hit if from behind, then some reverse cowgirl, then...well you get the idea. gotta reinvent happiness :beer:

1.8t

Established Member
^ Oh I totally agree. However, I just saw a C6Z today with a dropped exhaust valve on the stock valvetrain and stock cam. Shit like that has me pretty content to leave the power mods at just an intake and get my jolly's off with some cosmetic mods here and there. Cosmetic stuff is a first for me because I am a performance guy at heart.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^ Oh I totally agree. However, I just saw a C6Z today with a dropped exhaust valve on the stock valvetrain and stock cam. Shit like that has me pretty content to leave the power mods at just an intake and get my jolly's off with some cosmetic mods here and there. Cosmetic stuff is a first for me because I am a performance guy at heart.

have you ever thought about buying a 2nd ecu, keep the stock one on standbye to reinstall in the case of a catestrophic failure? kind of unethical but just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread