my buddy.

SStupid

Established Member
percentage

The percentage means how much light the tint will let through.

5% - Lets only 5% of light through (VERY dark, illegal in most states, and hard to see out of at night.

20% - Lets 20% of light through. Good medium tint. Still illegal in some states and you can see where you are going at night.

35% - Lets 35% of light through. Almost like not having tint. Illegal nowhere on the continental U.S.

LIMO is a shortened term used for the word, "limousine." All limousines have 5% tint in the back so you can't see the occupants.

Don't put spacers behind your wheels unless you get lengthened lugnut studs.

KOOY

Established Member
Re: percentage

Originally posted by SStupid
The percentage means how much light the tint will let through.

5% - Lets only 5% of light through (VERY dark, illegal in most states, and hard to see out of at night.

20% - Lets 20% of light through. Good medium tint. Still illegal in some states and you can see where you are going at night.

35% - Lets 35% of light through. Almost like not having tint. Illegal nowhere on the continental U.S.

LIMO is a shortened term used for the word, "limousine." All limousines have 5% tint in the back so you can't see the occupants.

Don't put spacers behind your wheels unless you get lengthened lugnut studs.

:read: :dw: :eek: thank you that was very useful.

ah.... What will happen if the lugs are not long enough? Is it like the rims are not connected to the axle strong enough, then, the wheels may fall off?

I am sure I will learn alot from you all.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
I have 15% tint on my 03' cobra. It looks AWESOME.....but at night it is VERY difficult to see out of the side windows. If you are turning a corner at night you almost can't see where you are going. I usually only drive this car when the weather is nice so the windows are down and there isn't any problem. I think it's worth the trade off for the way I use this car.

My wifes 97' Cobra has 35% (due to a mistake by the tint guy.....I wanted the same tint as my 03'). Her car is a daily driver (summer time only) and the 35% has worked out very well. It gives more of a reflective or mirror look than the 15% on my car which looks black.

With the 15% tint you can't see inside of the car even during bright sun light (unless you are right next to the car).

On the 35% you can see inside, but not usually well enough to see who it is.

KOOY

Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
I have 15% tint on my 03' cobra. It looks AWESOME.....but at night it is VERY difficult to see out of the side windows. If you are turning a corner at night you almost can't see where you are going. I usually only drive this car when the weather is nice so the windows are down and there isn't any problem. I think it's worth the trade off for the way I use this car.

My wifes 97' Cobra has 35% (due to a mistake by the tint guy.....I wanted the same tint as my 03'). Her car is a daily driver (summer time only) and the 35% has worked out very well. It gives more of a reflective or mirror look than the 15% on my car which looks black.

With the 15% tint you can't see inside of the car even during bright sun light (unless you are right next to the car).

On the 35% you can see inside, but not usually well enough to see who it is.

:uh oh: :) that's what I am gonna do to my baby. thanks alot man.

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by KOOY
I am a new guy here but a big fan of Mustang. hope I can be your friend.

advice needed:
1) what color tint will you put on this car? I want red, but will be very glad to hear from you guys.

2) pull the rear wheels out a little to match the fender just like the front wheels. I don't have money to buy the wider rims, but I found a wheel spacer for this. the spacer I wanted is from H&R, I just wonder if any of you have done this? here is a link of it.
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=58

Please dont go and do something
crazy like put red tint on that beauty.
I also have ebony and have it side by side
to another ebony and feel NO tint is your best
choice. I feel it takes away from the appearence.
Just an idea.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Re: Oh yeah

Originally posted by SStupid
Almost fogot, KOOY. The slang term used by most American men for their cars is "Baby." This is my Baby:

WOW your baby looks alot like my baby..I think the upload of pictures went a little crazy last night.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Very Nice! Cant wait to see more of that color in person! Loved it at the New York Autoshow!

boostin'03

Established Member
the pics dont show the emblem missing because someone brought back a thread from the dead and the pics are not the same as they were months ago when the thread was started.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Re: Re: Oh yeah

Originally posted by VenomousSVT
WOW your baby looks alot like my baby..I think the upload of pictures went a little crazy last night.

:lol: Did your car get stolen? Just playin'.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
Well, whoever owns the yellow with the R parts :thumbsup:.

I must be stupid. What emblem is missing?

Its my yellow R clone..yep the image was recycled when the server got dumped a month back. My image must have had the same filname as the older one. When this thread was resurected it used my image. Yep no emblems gone on my car.:beer:

mambaman

Established Member
wow the pictures got screwed up! i am seeing an r/c car, a lightning, dogs, and venomoussvt's car where there should be a SB '03.weird!

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
Re: my baby.

Originally posted by KOOY

lookin at ur motor here....
and i was wondering, i see that its a good ole tmaxx--....COUGH...i got a savage 25
but neway, is that motor a C5? looks like the RB for sure...

KOOY

Established Member
hi, moderator, I was looking for my pics sent a while ago. and I found out all the pics in this forum is changed. is this normal? is it because the forum is too long-time-ago?

Users who are viewing this thread