My buddies GT is unbeaten in my town!

Fourcam330

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
a 600awhp STI with a great launch should have taken the GT. the GT wouldnt be able to catch up till WELL after 1/4 mile is over. STI is slighly lighter than the GT, and even tho the GT has some more power, its not gonna hook off the street like awd.

that must be awicked fast car to be pullin on 131 trappin cars.

i have heard that some ppl dynoing only a few hp more on dynojets over mustang dynos. sometimes the differences arent all that much between the two. sometimes it is and you can gain like 10-20% more power on dynojets.
idk, just what i heard.

If a MD doesn't read considerably lower than a DJ it isn't properly calibrated.

JMD0346

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
a 600awhp STI with a great launch should have taken the GT. the GT wouldnt be able to catch up till WELL after 1/4 mile is over. STI is slighly lighter than the GT, and even tho the GT has some more power, its not gonna hook off the street like awd.

that must be awicked fast car to be pullin on 131 trappin cars.

i have heard that some ppl dynoing only a few hp more on dynojets over mustang dynos. sometimes the differences arent all that much between the two. sometimes it is and you can gain like 10-20% more power on dynojets.
idk, just what i heard.

The new GT has trapped that stock. Much less at 20lbs of boost.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
snip...the GT wouldnt be able to catch up till WELL after 1/4 mile is over... snip

Who are you kidding?

That thing destroyed the STI < 3 seconds, thats with the STI getting the hit and ~1/2 a car ahead when they started. Watch the timer on the video.

That STI could be cutting a 1.6 or better 60 foot time and the GT a 2.0 or 2.1 and still have at least a car on him by the 1/8 marker.

LeoGSVT

Banned
ive just completed another video of his car, vs, the trans am who trapped 131, and we walked him down, ide say my buddies GT traps high 130's, it just keeps pulling with that gear ratio!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
really? 130mph traps? where is this at? damn i figured it hit close to 128 but i havent really seen it yet. course i aint been looking

Who are you kidding?

That thing destroyed the STI < 3 seconds, thats with the STI getting the hit and ~1/2 a car ahead when they started. Watch the timer on the video.

ok maybe not a full 1/4 mile, but on the street, the STI would stay ahead for alittle while, street tire to street tire. AWD pwns in the 1/8. 1.6 60's on street tires with 450awhp, let alone 600. and in that vid you can see the STI shut down early. the GT was walking. it looked more violent than it should have if the STI stayed in it.
but i kinda doubt that the STI had 600awhp. a GT35R kit has made 536awhp but with a aftermarket block i hear and a few other goodies. thats the highest i heard from the kit, from the proffessional tuner who did the setup. other goodies could get up to 550awhp on those things. an agressive tuned one on 30psi made near 540awhp. STI can and will trap 120mph with 450awhp. 600awhp should be near 128ish or so. i know the one with 700+awhp went 9.7 at 143. still, i'd figure it be closer than that as they are about 200lbs lighter.

mustangbee

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
really?
but i kinda doubt that the STI had 600awhp.

i dont doubt it, i just straight up dont believe it.. a 600awhp sti should run a low 10sec 1/4...im not sure what the GT would run though.. i was thinking that sti was still running on the stock block... if so, that rules out any 600hp claims.. :nono: at the very least, it would have been a closer race... good kill :beer:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
^ i'm just saying AWD on the street if pretty hard to beat. that AMS 600+awhp EVO raced a few KB 600rwhp cobras and from a dig, it was absolute joke for the cobras, but from a roll, it was abit closer.

same thing here with the GT. from a dig, AWD would reallly keep that car ahead for a while. i'm telling you it happens.

TRXboy

Established Member
Although I'm a soul Believer in AWD on the street for launching, I still think the GT would have that STI from a dig. Unless the Driver of that STI in Really really really (ect.) good, to harness all that power, with gearing that short, takes some insane shifting skills. The STI is somthing like this (Correct me if i am wrong).

1st gear - 35
2nd gear - 60
3rd gear - 80
4th gear - 100
5th gear - 130

Thats alot of shifting in a very short period of time. Where as the GT is only in, what, 2nd gear when it Hits 100? Not to mention a Torque line that is as flat as a table.

I feel the super short gearing in the STI helps it stock, but works completly against it when you start putting some heavy power into it.

TRXboy

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
^ i'm just saying AWD on the street if pretty hard to beat. that AMS 600+awhp EVO raced a few KB 600rwhp cobras and from a dig, it was absolute joke for the cobras, but from a roll, it was abit closer.

same thing here with the GT. from a dig, AWD would reallly keep that car ahead for a while. i'm telling you it happens.

As for that AMS EVO beating cobra's from a dig, I would like to see this video. Every video i have seen has been the Evo beating cobra's from a roll, and the Cobra's Beating the Evo at the 1/8 track. I believe it was Broke 7.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
actualy your right, it wasnt the AMS evo that i'm thinkin of. all races in there that i've seen adn found were from rolls, and one from a low low speed roll. that race would imply the cobra gettin killed. cuz the cobras got beat pretty bad from the rolls

there was another vid i seen of i think a 500+hp evo vs a 500-600hp cobra from a dig at a stoplight, and the evo just took off. no contest.

KevPSR

Established Member
TRXboy said:
As for that AMS EVO beating cobra's from a dig, I would like to see this video. Every video i have seen has been the Evo beating cobra's from a roll, and the Cobra's Beating the Evo at the 1/8 track. I believe it was Broke 7.
The only run from a dig on the videos was against a white Z28. The EVO and broke7 have never ran against each other at the track.

Beetle6986

Established Member
KevPSR said:
The only run from a dig on the videos was against a white Z28. The EVO and broke7 have never ran against each other at the track.

I don't think they ran against each other. However, I think they ran the same day at the same track multiple times. They just didnt line up side by side. I believe Broke7 had the fastest time. I have the video somewhere, but I know you posted on the thread that had it anyways.

TRXboy

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
actualy your right, it wasnt the AMS evo that i'm thinkin of. all races in there that i've seen adn found were from rolls, and one from a low low speed roll. that race would imply the cobra gettin killed. cuz the cobras got beat pretty bad from the rolls

there was another vid i seen of i think a 500+hp evo vs a 500-600hp cobra from a dig at a stoplight, and the evo just took off. no contest.

Seen that Video, it was a 500RWHP Cobra vrs a 500AWHP evo. Cobra had slicks, and i Believe (Don't quote me) missed second.

as for the 1/8 video, sorry not to specify, shoulda said Broke 7 ran a faster time, not beat him side by side, that is what i was trying to imply, that Broke 7 had a Better time in the 1/8 then the AMS Evo. Anyway, back to the GT Vr's STI.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
that STI is capable of mid 10's more than likely. atleast high 10s. so is the GT probly.

but street tire to street tire, AWD would take out to the early lead and i bet it would remain that way thru the gears if he can shift quick cuz those trannies are tight ratio

from a dig trap doesnt mean all that much. especially at the strip. one guys 338awhp wrx with STI powerplant goes 11.68 at 121mph. so with a lot more power on tap for this STI, its gonna move QUICK.

i dont wanna take anything away from the GT.. its a hell of a car. just saying they should try from a dig, and i would think the race would be closer than that from a roll if it was 600awhp STI

satx

Banned
Orr89rocz said:
that STI is capable of mid 10's more than likely. atleast high 10s. so is the GT probly.

I didn't think there was any confusion.....the STi got raped.

TRXboy

Established Member
This is true, but the GT is not some crappy Front drive car, most of the weight is over the rear (315's) tire's, not to mention it has a suspension that is meant to hook up and go (Not some crappy IRS like the Cobras have).

I think the GT would take it from a dig, The STI will have it to 35/40, Shift, and the GT will pass it.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
lets get them to race from dig.

the GT was ment to handle well, draggin is not what it wants to do. evident from the times i seen in the magazines. doing mid high 11's at 126-128. traps good for low low 11's high 10's but its not doing it. 315 street tires are big but not sticky enough to handle 550rwhp, let alone 630.

STI tho has 4 tires that are wider than two 315's. 4 places for traction. if the guy can drive and crack a 1.6 60 foot, he'll ride out quick with those gear ratios.

GT might pull a 1.8x if the driver is decent. STI might pull a 1.6 if the driver is aight. thats abig difference.

Users who are viewing this thread