My bosses want to race

bigdaddyregier

Established Member
Me and my 2 bosses have both bought new cars in the last 6 months and they want to race me. I bought a 14 shelby and one bought a 13 ctsv and the other bought a 14 vette. I have barely got to drive mine due to cold weather and me working a ton. It's going to be in the 80s here this week and I am off work so I am sure they will be hitting me up. Any suggestions on how to beat them? I know it's possible but I'm still learning the car and they both have autos so they are much easier to drive.

Payne Racing 67

Established Member
Well...you shouldn't have a problem with either car if you're going from a roll....the vette makes ~370rwhp stock, CTS-V ~480rwhp stock. You're putting down ~600rwhp so it's a no brainer. Just really practice your shifting a lot over the next few days-weeks.

bigdaddyregier

Established Member
I got it out the other day and made a couple runs. I was able to get a 12.3 @ 123 mph on the cars computer. I really want to beat the vette cause he said if I beat him he's ordering a new z06.

mrlrd1

Established Member
You should have no problem with the CTS-V.

The 2014 Corvettes launch very well and have a strong midrange. He'll probably get out in front and you'll be chasing him. Once the speed hits triple digits he won't have a chance.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Well...you shouldn't have a problem with either car if you're going from a roll....the vette makes ~370rwhp stock, CTS-V ~480rwhp stock. You're putting down ~600rwhp so it's a no brainer. Just really practice your shifting a lot over the next few days-weeks.

600 to the wheels stock????

I have a hard time believing that. Are the GT500's that underrated?

I would think 550-570 would be in the right ball park. Given 15% drivetrain loss from 660.

That would mean they are over 700 crank from the factory.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

I would think 550-570 would be in the right ball park. Given 15% drivetrain loss from 660.

He's right, they dyno closer to 600 than 550, some a tad bit over 600. They remind me a lot of the 03/04 Cobra's. Stock dyno numers were all over the place.

O.P, better hope this isnt one of those "You beat me, ill fire you" races :D

Last edited:

DOHC MARK VIII

Mustang ***** since 1970
Established Member
Have fun but if you want to keep your job, you might want to finish 3rd (LOL). Just be safe and have your resume ready for the future. :-D

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
From a 1/4 dig on the street my money is on the Vette and I think you'll take the CTS-V by a car or two.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
That vette is slowest of the bunch. The vette has a better chance from a roll on the freeway than a dig. Should all be wins op

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
That vette is slowest of the bunch. The vette has a better chance from a roll on the freeway than a dig. Should all be wins op

What? Isn't the 14' the new vette with the LT1? Thats a 120 trap car, the CTS-V is the "slowest" of the bunch.

bigdaddyregier

Established Member
Should be a fun time. I have worked for those two for quite a while and they are having trouble finding quality help so I'm not too worried about getting fired. I gave the guy in the vette a ride the other day and he thinks I can take him if I can get any traction. Maybe I should tell him I get a second chance after I get some good rubber.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Are all cars stock? Id buy some ET street IIs and toss those on if you plan on going from a stop. Mr Vette will jump out on you and if hes just interested in winning, hes gonna shut it down by 100 as you are about to blow past him.

bigdaddyregier

Established Member
Yes all cars are stock. It's crazy to think that a low 12 second car is the slowest. Especially in a town this small about 2500 people

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Me and my 2 bosses have both bought new cars in the last 6 months and they want to race me. I bought a 14 shelby and one bought a 13 ctsv and the other bought a 14 vette. I have barely got to drive mine due to cold weather and me working a ton. It's going to be in the 80s here this week and I am off work so I am sure they will be hitting me up. Any suggestions on how to beat them? I know it's possible but I'm still learning the car and they both have autos so they are much easier to drive.

read the manual and use launch control.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

607 HP stock
ScreenShot2014-03-20at115244AM_zpsd9d0b0ec.png

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I got it out the other day and made a couple runs. I was able to get a 12.3 @ 123 mph on the cars computer. I really want to beat the vette cause he said if I beat him he's ordering a new z06.
My Shelby did 610 hp and 595 tq. on the dyno last week with Borla mufflers, Airaid intake filter and stock tune. If you have the oem gy tires, make sure you do a burnout to warm them up pretty good so they grab better from a dig.

daves03svt

Established Member
You've got nothing to worry about op. i was able to pull a c7 in my land barge 0-110, and have slowly inched out on a ctsv from a roll. After being absolutely destroyed by my friends 13 gt500, you should handily take both their cars, as long as you don't spin spin spin.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Pedal it out of 1st with no clutch dump whatsoever, just concentrate on zero tire spin. Leave the T/C on and pin the shit out of it 2nd, let the computer deal with the tire spin. If you do this, your not going to win.. your going to hurt feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread