My Boss with SCT Trouble

Unrealford

Established Member
Ok yesterday was the big day to test the Jon Lund Tune at the track, my mission was to run STOCK, then Jon Lund Tune with Stock Boss,

(The options below on another day)

Then Run Jon Lund tune with JLT CAI

Then run with Steeda CAI and tune at the track to see if I see any BIG differences.

So I load tune (93 Perf Lund tune ) in garage and drive to track over 1 hr away.

What happens> I get a engine light 10 miles away. I decided to pull over instantly ( Worrying about #8 cyl failure's) and load stock tune back in,

NOPE, It starts loading stock tune and errors out, Now I have nothing and car wont start.

I try over and over and open and close doors, make sure everytghing is off, 87 degrees stuck under a highway underpass with car and truck noise blaring in my ear.

I'm getting Teed off, I call Lund , he basically says keep trying call SCT.

I call SCT using my cell minutes about 30 waiting in some Tech wait line, first come first deal.

I hang up and call wife, of coarse shes screaming I should have left car alone, quit modding it, and about to have her call a flatbed.

I look down and I see the programmer saying 10% loading stock tuneI'm

Im like, OMG dont move, dont breathe , please keep loading..

Now let me tell everyone something, before I bought the Lund tune, I had SCT update my firmware themselves over the Shared connection on my PC. So why is SCT Tuners doing this?

Im about to say screw everything and sell all tunes and CAI

Do Not load tunes with SCT unless you want a raised heart rate and lose your temper along with being stranded 45 minutes, and almost didn'tnt make it to the first qualifying round,

SCT I am not happy !

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
you got lucky. mine was flat bedded, damaged and then lawn art while the ECU had to be sent to SCT to be recovered.

86Fbody

Established Member
I read something about this on TMS earlier, I wonder if there is an issue with the firmware update.

NJSP117

Established Member
Wow...that's scary....glad it worked out ok....
After reading this stuff, I'm staying away from tunes on the Boss...
Never had a problem with my VMP tunes on the GT500....but the Boss seems pretty good as is. Doing the Trackey which is a pretty good tune in itself from what I understand....
Good luck with the SCT!

bull3441

Established Member
Your tuner prob had the 1.37 firmware and was locking up PCM's. Emails were sent out by SCT warning people to update ASAP.

redline

Established Member
Ok yesterday was the big day to test the Jon Lund Tune at the track, my mission was to run STOCK, then Jon Lund Tune with Stock Boss,

(The options below on another day)

Then Run Jon Lund tune with JLT CAI

Then run with Steeda CAI and tune at the track to see if I see any BIG differences.

So I load tune (93 Perf Lund tune ) in garage and drive to track over 1 hr away.

What happens> I get a engine light 10 miles away. I decided to pull over instantly ( Worrying about #8 cyl failure's) and load stock tune back in,

NOPE, It starts loading stock tune and errors out, Now I have nothing and car wont start.

I try over and over and open and close doors, make sure everytghing is off, 87 degrees stuck under a highway underpass with car and truck noise blaring in my ear.

I'm getting Teed off, I call Lund , he basically says keep trying call SCT.

I call SCT using my cell minutes about 30 waiting in some Tech wait line, first come first deal.

I hang up and call wife, of coarse shes screaming I should have left car alone, quit modding it, and about to have her call a flatbed.

I look down and I see the programmer saying 10% loading stock tuneI'm

Im like, OMG dont move, dont breathe , please keep loading..

Now let me tell everyone something, before I bought the Lund tune, I had SCT update my firmware themselves over the Shared connection on my PC. So why is SCT Tuners doing this?

Im about to say screw everything and sell all tunes and CAI

Do Not load tunes with SCT unless you want a raised heart rate and lose your temper along with being stranded 45 minutes, and almost didn'tnt make it to the first qualifying round,

SCT I am not happy !

well if you run a jon lund tune thats wrote for jlt cai,then put a steeda cai the car will run rich and the drivability will be not that great.the mass air is different. but this nothing to do with your sct acting up . i know mine did the same i had 2 different sct tuners my problem was i tried to load a tune over another tune without downloading back to factory first.

Unrealford

Established Member
well if you run a jon lund tune thats wrote for jlt cai,then put a steeda cai the car will run rich and the drivability will be not that great.the mass air is different. but this nothing to do with your sct acting up . i know mine did the same i had 2 different sct tuners my problem was i tried to load a tune over another tune without downloading back to factory first.

Lund wrote me 2 tunes, one with stock Boss and CAI,(Which is the one I tried) and one with a JLT (Which I havent recieved yet from a member )

I also ordered a Steeda CAI and a tune from the 93 Perf, but havent recieved their tune or CAI yet eitherm They are a couple weeks on delivery.

The reason I have bought all three is because I wanted to post ACTUAL track gains or no Gains from the items.

I was going to be the guinea pig on experimenting.

Last edited:

Unrealford

Established Member
so did you run ??????:shrug:

rob
We run a pro tree .400 I red lit running another Boss, so 60FT is 1.170+.400 plus my reaction time .050 +1.62

Stock Boss on Drag Radial, only Track Key

60 ft 1.62

1/8 mile 7.685

Besttimeslip.jpg

Heres with DA correction. With weather and DA was 2700 ft
2012-08-26_10-24-00_319.jpg

Last edited:

redline

Established Member
Lund wrote me 2 tunes, one with stock Boss and CAI,(Which is the one I tried) and one with a JLT (Which I havent recieved yet from a member )

I also ordered a Steeda CAI and a tune from the 93 Perf, but havent recieved their tune or CAI yet eitherm They are a couple weeks on delivery.

The reason I have bought all three is because I wanted to post ACTUAL track gains or no Gains from the items.

I was going to be the guinea pig on experimenting.

sounds like a plan there.

Dadz500

Established Member
I have no issues with my SCT on my other cars, but with the Boss being a different type of ECU since it can hold two tunes at once with the trackey and regular I have decided to leave it alone, I am afraid of issues like this. I hope it all gets resolved for you, I know how frustrating this stuff can get.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
my issues with SCT were with firmware 142 so it really didn't fix anything at least for me. SCT even bricked the handheld while dialed into my laptop this is what caused me to ship everything to them to be recovered. good thing I had a copy of the stock files on my computer.

jdcobra

Established Member
I'm staying away from sct and I'm gonna try this out instead.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12107633

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread