My Blown '14 GT vs Bolt-On C5 Z06

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Ahhh, it was a nice night and I was itching to drive the 'Stang to the car meet.

I get there and it was AMAZING how much louder my D1 was compared to a Vortech powered V6! But anyway....

I wanted to race something BAD! I wanted to run a REAL car for once now that I have some fire-power. So a bolt-on Z06 said we could go. :bored:

Cool guy and we both knew what was going to happen, but neither of us expected the outcome to be SO extreme! I forced a girlfriend of mine to go by telling her we never go over 100mph:p. We lined up for a 50mph roll. I was in 3rd at about 4800rpms. I let him honk it off.....1....2....3....GONE! I instantly started putting car lengths on him......then, a few bus lengths!! We went again from a higher speed. He was thinking the aerodynamics difference would help.......nope, same result.

THEN, he tries to loose me on a few twisties...........again, not happening! This car's handling is now friggin' AMAZING!!! A damn Z06 'Vette couldn't get away from a MUSTANG in CORNERS!!!

At any rate, like I said, I know the guy and he was really cool about it. He did say he wants a S/C now. :)

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Hey, none of us make it out alive.............

I thought Trisch was getting it on video, but as soon as I nailed it, her eyes clamped shut! As I brought it back down from 150, she looked over and said "We beat him, right?"

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
shouldve got vids of the drag racing. good kill thou. dude would murder you on a tight road course, power is your only advantage on street curves. i'd stick to drag racing corvettes. equal drivers, 5.0 is no match to a c5z in the twisties.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
shouldve got vids of the drag racing. good kill thou. dude would murder you on a tight road course, power is your only advantage on street curves. i'd stick to drag racing corvettes. equal drivers, 5.0 is no match to a c5z in the twisties.

I've driven many Corvettes and taken them around twisties. I ran around a few corners that night and the 'Vette didn't go ANYWHERE!

This suspension setup is AMAZING! It's not a Mustang anymore........lol

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I've driven many Corvettes and taken them around twisties. I ran around a few corners that night and the 'Vette didn't go ANYWHERE!

This suspension setup is AMAZING! It's not a Mustang anymore........lol

whats your suspension mods? on a closed track, with equal drivers, its going to take some good suspension mods to out corner a c5z.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Ahhh, it was a nice night and I was itching to drive the 'Stang to the car meet.

I get there and it was AMAZING how much louder my D1 was compared to a Vortech powered V6! But anyway....

I wanted to race something BAD! I wanted to run a REAL car for once now that I have some fire-power. So a bolt-on Z06 said we could go. :bored:

Cool guy and we both knew what was going to happen, but neither of us expected the outcome to be SO extreme! I forced a girlfriend of mine to go by telling her we never go over 100mph:p. We lined up for a 50mph roll. I was in 3rd at about 4800rpms. I let him honk it off.....1....2....3....GONE! I instantly started putting car lengths on him......then, a few bus lengths!! We went again from a higher speed. He was thinking the aerodynamics difference would help.......nope, same result.

THEN, he tries to loose me on a few twisties...........again, not happening! This car's handling is now friggin' AMAZING!!! A damn Z06 'Vette couldn't get away from a MUSTANG in CORNERS!!!

At any rate, like I said, I know the guy and he was really cool about it. He did say he wants a S/C now. :)

Hey, none of us make it out alive.............

I thought Trisch was getting it on video, but as soon as I nailed it, her eyes clamped shut! As I brought it back down from 150, she looked over and said "We beat him, right?"

:coolman: :bowdown: Man you are too cool to lie to and endanger someone with your car...

Last edited:

Breze84

Established Member

I can tell you with 100% confidence that your not beating a C5Z in the corners 10+ Years old or not... A stock C5Z has done the Nurburgring In 7:56 which is flying... If you have a car that does under the 8 min mark that is a huge Achievement... That's faster then the Porsche 911 GT3, Audi R8, Ferrari 360, Viper, And tied with the Ferrari F430, Porsche 911 Turbo blah blah blah... The C5Z is built for the Race Track, Don't think a Mustang GT is doing that :D

Last edited:

Jonberlin

Established Member
Here is something funny:
Anything is possible.
Anybody ever driven on the nuerburgring nordschleife??
I have, over 100 laps in 6 different cars. Not racing, just recreational.
But you see some crazy shit when people get serious!!!
Friend of mine has a Polo GTI (European VW one size under the golf) front wheel drive, 1.8turbo 180hp at~2300lbs stock.
~ 15000euro~20000$ in suspension and engine upgrades: is driving circles
around E46 M3 and all kinds of "faster" cars.
What I'm saying is a lot of the performance gap between two cars can be
made up with money, skills and last but not least the size of balls each
driver has and the risks they are willing to take,too!!!
In this case I believe it was ball size and skill/risk if you kept up with your 5.0
Two equal drivers and the C5Z06 will gain on you in every single corner, guaranteed!!!

Jonny

hopony

Established Member
Good runs sounds like.

Time to step up to a bolt on C6Z06 and see what happens.

:pop:

I agree with that. I have friend with that owns one intake, headers, and tune. Did a 4th gear pull coming home from the track one night and we were locked side by side. I can tell you on street tires he hooks better than my car as well.

DSS

Established Member
I agree with that. I have friend with that owns one intake, headers, and tune. Did a 4th gear pull coming home from the track one night and we were locked side by side. I can tell you on street tires he hooks better than my car as well.

nah...

he just needs to find a good running boltons/Heads/Cam set up C5Z06,

Users who are viewing this thread