My Black 03, swirl free!!

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I had a huge problem with swirls on my car, but yesterday and about 6 hours of work, all I can say is wow. The swirls are GONE(not filled or hidden, but GONE)
565661_7_full.jpg

565661_9_full.jpg

565661_8_full.jpg

ModsAway

Established Member
Wow chump chump here to, you could eat off that finish... in 6 hours you just may have had lunch on the finish to.

Let us know what product(s) you used.

Thanks.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Ok ok. I used zaino, so 3mSR was out of the question. (has fillers). Soooo this is what I did.

Wash with dawn. Dry
Polish with a PC buffer, white foam pad, Menzerna Intensive polish. (only did the hood, top of the car, trunk, and fenders with this) Buff and remove
Polish with a PC buffer, white pad, Menzerna Final Polish II, again buff and remove, the entire car.
Wash with dawn again to remove anything left behind. Dry
Z6 the entire car to remove any water spots that may of been left behind, and prep the car for z5
Then z5, two coats
ONe coat of z2.

Im gunna z2 the car again tomorrow a few more times, then Im done. It took 6 hours, but that was also BS'in around with a few freinds. I never thought zaino would, or COULD give a deep look to a car, but wow. The menzerna line is amazing product.

rpwsrw

Established Member
i also have a black car. can you please expand on these products. are they all zaino?? who makes these Z5 , z2, PC buffer, white foam pad, Menzerna Intensive polish. thanks soo much. i cant wait to do it to mine.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Wow, that looks real good. Looks like the 6 hours paid off. Can't wait to finish the meguiar's and try zaino. What part of LI is oceanside? I'm up near Huntington. Rarely see another Cobra around here.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I'm ususally in Oceanside, or Smithtown. Oceanside is south nassau, near Long Beach, Baldwin, Rockville Centre. Huntington, near 110, right? Didnt they have a car night at the Jillians there at one point?

rpwsrw. Zaino is called a polish, but its really not. Its more of a paint sealent. It adds a great shine to a car, but the depth isnt good, nor is its ability to remove or fill any kind of swirl mark on the car. There are two different kinds of zaino. Z5, which is called a swirl filler, but it really just adds an optical effect to the paint. z2 is the actual sealent, or wax. It will not soften under the sun, and the shine is amazing.
I used a PC(porter cable orbital buffer) with a white foam pad, and applied Menzerna Intensive polish. This is an abrasive polish, which is used to remove marring, light scratches, or swirl marks. Be carefull using this stuff. THe paint will look a little dull after you buff with this. THen I used Menzerna Final Polish, which brightens up the paint, and polishes it to an amazing shine, and adds HUGE depth to the paint. Then you apply the zaino, which adds the reflection. Thats why the paint doesnt look like its covered in saran wrap(typical zaino look, shiny but no depth) it looks deep and shiny. These to products are amazing together, IMHO

blacksrt

Established Member
Does it get rid of the orange peel look, and how long would a wax like that last?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
It really didnt get rid of the orange peel, maybe a little but I cant really tell. Zaino from Zainobros.com, and Menzerna from Autopia.org Zaino lasts for quite a while. Depends on how many coats you have on. I am going to start building it up so its ready for the winter. Ive heard of guys with 20+ coats on. Nuts.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Ok ok. I used zaino, so 3mSR was out of the question. (has fillers). Soooo this is what I did.

Wash with dawn. Dry
Polish with a PC buffer, white foam pad, Menzerna Intensive polish. (only did the hood, top of the car, trunk, and fenders with this) Buff and remove
Polish with a PC buffer, white pad, Menzerna Final Polish II, again buff and remove, the entire car.
Wash with dawn again to remove anything left behind. Dry
Z6 the entire car to remove any water spots that may of been left behind, and prep the car for z5
Then z5, two coats
ONe coat of z2.

Im gunna z2 the car again tomorrow a few more times, then Im done. It took 6 hours, but that was also BS'in around with a few freinds. I never thought zaino would, or COULD give a deep look to a car, but wow. The menzerna line is amazing product.

damn dawg, i detail cars but shit! oh, is that regular dish soap dawn? and who makes the Z5 Z6 wax? on the plus side, the paints looks beautiful

cobra4b

@ The Track
Established Member
Use NXT and be done with it. I've used every product Meguiar's has made and Zaino too. NXT gives a zaino shine and covers all swirls in 15 minutes. You can get it locally for $14 to boot.

BTW the car looks sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread