My bad, but need help

unibager

Established Member
First off, let me appologize for stating that I thought the repro cobra rims would fit the back of my cobra. They do bolt up, but are to close to the lip for my taste.
My question is, since I have chosen to keep the factory 7.5x17's, what tire size should I run? I have lowered the car 2". I was looking at doing the same size all around and the 245/45/17 rub in the front now over bumps.
So should I go 245/40/17's or 255/40/17's. I will be getting yokohama's (es0001 or something like that?).
I could really use the help, because my old 90 Saleen had 245/40/17's, but the rims were offset different. Anyway, I am sorry for the former, but could use some opinions now. Thanks.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
damn. your car must have a serious drop for the 245/45's not to work and the repro wheels not work on the rear.

Yes the 255/40's would be best for your application on the front. You interested in selling the repros within the next few weeks?

unibager

Established Member
Yep, it is low. Like I said, I have a full 2" drop on the front and back. As far as the tires go in front, the 245's are about a .25" away from the lip (inside).

The rims in the rear were just a little to wide in the mock up, and it looked to me that the tire would be right under the lip (not just inside). I am just worried that if I put tires on the rims that the car would look a little funky.

Anyway, I will be returning the rims to the guys in Texas that I purchased them from (they said that I could try them on the car and still get full refund if they do not work). So, although I would not mind just selling them to you, it would be the same money for you to get them from those guys, and then you could atleast have someone who could take care of any problems for you as where I could not.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is good too, because the 255's are 15.00 bucks cheaper per tire than the other sizes. :beer:

unibager

Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
:p Told ya so... :D :D

Yeah, I know, and I am sorry too have said it should have worked. Cost me 80.00 in shipping to find out. Although, the mathe was right, they do fit, they do sit under the lip, but it might have looked goofy to me.
:bowdown: Good on you sport.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
No prob. You only spent 80.00 in shipping - I still have the replica wheels. However, I'm gonna swap to 5.0 length axles/caliper relocation brackets and run those puppies yet... :D

unibager

Established Member
Well, good luck with that. Of course, if you change the rear to a gt axle length, why dont you change the front spindle assembly too and run bigger stuff up -front as well?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Mainly a cost thing. I had no reason to go the bigger rim up front, the stock size is fine with me. I'm running drag radials, so I don't rotate anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread