My Amazing trip to TEXAS - Shelby Car show pics included>>> DUW!!!

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
WOW ... is all I can say.

I went down for a 3 hour business meeting and turned it into a 5 day holiday.

Me and the Mrs. stayed with JC (Xtremejc) and his wife. Thanks again JC!

JC told me there was a local Car show on Saturday ....... and asked if I would like to go! Well, I am ALL about the car shows so off we went.

Well, this turned out to be the Unique Performance (Carol Shelby) Annual car show. OH my, was I impressed.

This is held at the plant where the GT 500s are made. It was wicked!!!!!

It was REALLY awesome meeting some of the SVT Performance guys and the Dallas SVT club - it really made the trip special.

Here are a bunch of pics I tossed up .... Most don't need explanations ..... I'll just post them in the order I took them.

shelby_01.JPG

shelby_02.JPG

shelby_03.JPG

shelby_04.JPG

shelby_05.JPG

shelby_06.JPG

shelby_07.JPG

shelby_08.JPG

shelby_09.JPG

shelby_10.JPG

shelby_11.JPG

shelby_12.JPG

shelby_13.JPG

shelby_14.JPG

shelby_15.JPG

shelby_16.JPG

shelby_17.JPG

shelby_18.JPG

shelby_19.JPG

shelby_20.JPG

shelby_21.JPG

OK folks ... this next car is polished stainless steel .... I can certainly appreciate THAT!!!! lol

shelby_22.JPG

shelby_23.JPG

Here are the first of the PLANT pics .... the first is the underside of the GT 500 - hey for around 150K you can own one!!!

shelby_24.JPG

shelby_25.JPG

shelby_26.JPG

shelby_27.JPG

shelby_28.JPG

shelby_29.JPG

shelby_30.JPG

shelby_31.JPG

shelby_32.JPG

The MAN, himself ....

shelby_33.JPG

shelby_34.JPG

shelby_35.JPG

shelby_36.JPG

shelby_37.JPG

shelby_38.JPG

shelby_39.JPG

Dallas SVT Club ...

shelby_40.JPG

shelby_41.JPG

shelby_42.JPG

shelby_43.JPG

Thie is equiped with an 03 Cobra Motor >>>>>

shelby_44.JPG

shelby_45.JPG

shelby_46.JPG

shelby_47.JPG

shelby_48.JPG

shelby_49.JPG

shelby_50.JPG

shelby_51.JPG

shelby_52.JPG

shelby_53.JPG

shelby_54.JPG

shelby_55.JPG

shelby_56.JPG

shelby_57.JPG

shelby_58.JPG

shelby_59.JPG

shelby_60.JPG

Now THIS was cool to see ..... one of the FIRST every "metal" sets of letters sold in the USA .... Generation 1 when they were made out of polished Aluminum before I switched to Stainless years ago. I only sold about 30 sets and here I bumped into 1 of them - how freaky is THAT!!!!

shelby_61.JPG

shelby_62.JPG

shelby_63.JPG

shelby_64.JPG

YES .... this is the chick from "Overhauling" ..... Chip Foose was also there signing autographs. She was a great sport strattling the blower >>>

shelby_65.JPG

shelby_66.JPG

shelby_67.JPG

ALL IN ALL A GREAT TIME IN DALLAS

Last edited:

MackCaddy

Established Member
Wow it looks like this year's event had even more people than last year. Thanks for posting the pictures.....it looks like I missed out this year. :beer:

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Those would be Boyd Coddingtons...great wheels, great quality, hefty price. Make a very unique and classy statement...
I believe these are the same rims...
DSC00885-vi.jpg

and
spraymed-vi.jpg

Hope this helps...great pics Scott and the Cobra is looking AWSOME JC!
~Darren

KDog

Established Member
The cobra reflection in the first pic is awesome, and so are the GT 500s! :beer:

94CobraPace

Established Member
I so wanted to go to that show. The Houston Cobra club (SCMC) took a tour of Unique performance a few weeks ago, it was great. They do some great work.
Very nice pics.

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Thanks for posting the photos, I so wanted to go but was unable to and you just made me feel like I did get to attend.:beer:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Wow those were some truely awesome pics. So many fantastic cars. Had a little of everything there

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I had a great time too Scott. It was awesome having you and Angela here with us for a few days. We all had a great time and hope we can get to do it again sometime soon !!!

mardyn

Established Member
Yea, me too

I was over there too.. great show, lotza' cool cars.... (you gotta' pic of my hood in one of your photos) and plenty o' people. I got there about 8:20 AM and there must have been 200 cars already registered, set up, and ready to shine..

It was a good weekend to be a car dude in DFW, TX

Thanks to Unique Performance (and Scott Black) for putting on a great event... I'm already looking forward to next year's show.

mardyn:D

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by White40thGT
Anyone know who makes those carbon fiber looking fuel rail covers on the 03/04 cobra ?

They are made by METCO Motorsports and are of marvelous quality. Check them out at:

www.metco-inc.com

They only made a limited amount of them so they may not have any more ready to go. I am however having to sell my setup because I am changing power adder and the covers will not fit... PM me if you interested...:beer:

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
WOW!! talk about seeing a ghost,the red Cobra with the Harr Ford logo ,Worcester MA with Carol Shelby standing next to it
was driven for them back in 65,66? by a guy from Worcester whose cousin I was dating at the time and I actually got to ride in it.What a beast it was.BTW great pics.:beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread