My aftermarket Audio Build

Tytus2012

Established Member
Hello guys so after hearing my factory sound system I decided to upgrade my system. So hear is what I did. I was looking for something that was more crisp and better sound quality while keeping as factory looking as possible. I have the electronics package. So I wanted everything to function as it was. I left the 8" door speakers and rear speakers alone(could upgrade 8's later). I changed out the front speakers with 5 1/4 hertz hi engery components and added 2 10" audiomobile elites. The factory amp is still there running the rear deck speakers(cant really hear them so no reason to waste money on them). I then 2 Kenwood excelon amps 400-4, 600-1 and a audison bit 10 processor. The hertz hi energy and 8" are hooked up to the 400-4 and audison bit 10. The 2 10" subs are running on the 600-1 and the bit 10 is also running those. The cost of the Pro system option is $1300 and gives you 1 amp and a 12 inch sub.
I got 2 new components 2 amps processor 2 10" elite subs a custom box for $2300. The extra 1k I feel was well worth it.

My impression is the 8's are really not that bad when hooked to a proper am and processor to fine tune them. Now I dont get that much base out of them that is what the subs are for. I can turn my radio all the way up to 90% and still get clean clear crisp sound from all my speakers. All factory functions still work even the bass and treble controls still function.
Now this is how a audio system should sound.

Here are some pics for you guys.:rockon::rockon::rockon:

carshot.jpg

amprack.jpg

frontofbox.jpg

ampsinstalled.jpg

boxinsidecar.jpg

sideboxinstalled.jpg

boxinstalled.jpg

Kapy

Established Member
Hello guys so after hearing my factory sound system I decided to upgrade my system. So hear is what I did. I was looking for something that was more crisp and better sound quality while keeping as factory looking as possible. I have the electronics package. So I wanted everything to function as it was. I left the 8" door speakers and rear speakers alone(could upgrade 8's later). I changed out the front speakers with 5 1/4 hertz hi engery components and added 2 10" audiomobile elites. The factory amp is still there running the rear deck speakers(cant really hear them so no reason to waste money on them). I then 2 Kenwood excelon amps 400-4, 600-1 and a audison bit 10 processor. The hertz hi energy and 8" are hooked up to the 400-4 and audison bit 10. The 2 10" subs are running on the 600-1 and the bit 10 is also running those. The cost of the Pro system option is $1300 and gives you 1 amp and a 12 inch sub.
I got 2 new components 2 amps processor 2 10" elite subs a custom box for $2300. The extra 1k I feel was well worth it.

My impression is the 8's are really not that bad when hooked to a proper am and processor to fine tune them. Now I dont get that much base out of them that is what the subs are for. I can turn my radio all the way up to 90% and still get clean clear crisp sound from all my speakers. All factory functions still work even the bass and treble controls still function.
Now this is how a audio system should sound.

Here are some pics for you guys.:rockon::rockon::rockon:

carshot.jpg

amprack.jpg

frontofbox.jpg

ampsinstalled.jpg

boxinsidecar.jpg

sideboxinstalled.jpg

boxinstalled.jpg

SUPER CLEAN JOB, EXCELLENT WORK!!!
:rockon:

GoDawgs

Established Member
Didn't see your thread before the new one I started above..

I too changed up the Audio System once I picked up my car back in October.

I gutted all the speakers and put in Infinity Components in the front doors and Infinity 6x8's in the rear deck. JL Audio ProWedge 10W7AE Sub. Infinity Amp on the Front/rear speakers and JL HD750 Amp for the Sub.

Shaker Pro option wasn't gonna get it done for me. $1300 for the Sub with the Shaker Pro isn't worth it. I'd rather done my own set up for a little or twice the $ and have an great sounding Audio system.

Did you consider the JL Audio Clean Sweep?

Tytus2012

Established Member
Thanks guys very happy with how everything turned out. I have to give props to the shop that did this for me and followed everything that I wanted. Srq customs. Great guys excellent work!

Users who are viewing this thread