My AED TVS Tune

burke985

Established Member
Well i decided to get tuned by AED after about 2 years running on my old tune i got when i had the blower installed, while it was a good tune i always felt like it could be a little better and i was right. My old setup consisted of basically a Roush Phase 3 kit which is the CAI and 80 mm pulley and car was seeing close to 10 psi on the gauge and dyno tune from local shop. Long story short we (Shaun) found the limit of the 47lb injectors so i had to get a set of ID 1000's to finish my tune off since we had to limit the 47's to 6650 rpm and i was not having that. I went up to a 82mm pulley as requested by shaun and car sees about 8.5 psi now , really dont know the old numbers because i feel like i was given false info from the initial tune and that was verified by a race between me and my brother who basically had the same setup as me and tuned by the same guy and i put 2 cars on him with shaun's tune and the smaller pulley 7 times in a row in a roll race event in mexico so i know my car was not making the power they said it was before. These are the results from the remote session on the ID 1000's , we started seeing knock after 1st pull so shaun backed it down a little. Numbers are SAE with smoothing at 0, basically the tune that i made the 609 on is my DD tune. Shaun was great to work with and revisions came very quick thanks to him for all the help , car is faster now and thats all that matters to me but heres the results

20150305_125054_zpsdk0jjol4.jpg

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
thats for the info.i have been thinking on getting AED tune all winter .that does it my next purchase is a tune.if i add a boss intake later do u know if they charge a fee to revise or u buy a new tune?

burke985

Established Member
thats for the info.i have been thinking on getting AED tune all winter .that does it my next purchase is a tune.if i add a boss intake later do u know if they charge a fee to revise or u buy a new tune?

no he don't charge to update tune for the boss , you will not regret it

2012csgt

Established Member
Well i decided to get tuned by AED after about 2 years running on my old tune i got when i had the blower installed, while it was a good tune i always felt like it could be a little better and i was right. My old setup consisted of basically a Roush Phase 3 kit which is the CAI and 80 mm pulley and car was seeing close to 10 psi on the gauge and dyno tune from local shop. Long story short we (Shaun) found the limit of the 47lb injectors so i had to get a set of ID 1000's to finish my tune off since we had to limit the 47's to 6650 rpm and i was not having that. I went up to a 82mm pulley as requested by shaun and car sees about 8.5 psi now , really dont know the old numbers because i feel like i was given false info from the initial tune and that was verified by a race between me and my brother who basically had the same setup as me and tuned by the same guy and i put 2 cars on him with shaun's tune and the smaller pulley 7 times in a row in a roll race event in mexico so i know my car was not making the power they said it was before. These are the results from the remote session on the ID 1000's , we started seeing knock after 1st pull so shaun backed it down a little. Numbers are SAE with smoothing at 0, basically the tune that i made the 609 on is my DD tune. Shaun was great to work with and revisions came very quick thanks to him for all the help , car is faster now and thats all that matters to me but heres the results

View attachment 38569

Congrats on your results. I bet it feels great, and to have piece of mind with the added security of ID1000s as well. Have you ever taken it to the track? or is it mostly roll racing in Mexico?

burke985

Established Member
Congrats on your results. I bet it feels great, and to have piece of mind with the added security of ID1000s as well. Have you ever taken it to the track? or is it mostly roll racing in Mexico?

yeah that and 1.5lbs less boost is more peace of mind. I mostly race in mexico i brought it to the track and it was a joke on street tires even with the old tune so i mostly just roll race whomever pulls along side of me on the interstate and wants to go. Car just pulls harder in every gear than before pretty happy with the results and my brother waited all of two weeks to get shaun to give him a tune so round two coming up ..lol , wish i would have recorded it last time to show the difference.

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Established Member

Is this your daily driver on a stock engine (no forged assembly)? If so, do you feel confident about the power? I have been contemplating on a supercharger; probably a Vortech, but and thinking of ~500 RWHP. I have a daily driver and I want to keep my car for several years and I am concerned about long term reliability.

A lot of people have told me that they have a blower and 5000+ miles on it, but that is not long term.

burke985

Established Member
Is this your daily driver on a stock engine (no forged assembly)? If so, do you feel confident about the power? I have been contemplating on a supercharger; probably a Vortech, but and thinking of ~500 RWHP. I have a daily driver and I want to keep my car for several years and I am concerned about long term reliability.

A lot of people have told me that they have a blower and 5000+ miles on it, but that is not long term.

Yeah its my daily and i beat snot out of it when ever i get the chance honestly and ive had the blower on for 2 years and 10 k miles all stock componets in the engine. With a vortech you would probably have to run the canned tune by them to stay within your power goals but with a good custom tune there's no reason you car should not last you and you should be able to run 600 rwhp safely for a long time if you get a good tune and take care of it. But take this advice and just buy the better injectors with whatever kit you buy.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I noticed that your A/F is at 12:1... That's leaner then the tunes I've been running. What's everyone been running for a ball park A/F?

burke985

Established Member
I noticed that your A/F is at 12:1... That's leaner then the tunes I've been running. What's everyone been running for a ball park A/F?

thats not correct , the sniffer would not stay in my tail pipe it sees 11.2 on the gauge

FIVEHOE

Established Member
People might talk crap about Shaun and some of the decisions he makes, but his tuning ability is no joke

One of the few tuners you never hear bad things about (unless its a tuner drama debate)

Users who are viewing this thread