my 99 cobra vs sc lighting

cobra9956

i was driving down the street till this sc lighting pulled up reving so i downshifted and i heard the sc of the lighting whine as soon as i hit 3rd gear i left it behind mind u my cobra is stock wit only a spec 3 clutch:lol:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dont be so detailed next time.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
OP...not having a vid is fine however, you could put up a little more detail since you do not have a vid...

Did he get you off the line and then you pulled back or did you just take it from the jump? Do you think the L' had mods..exhaust, louder whine from the SC?

Last edited:

OrgasmicSVT

Established Member
Why are you calling BS? Stock vs. Stock, Cobra would edge the Lightening out.

+1..not because a lack of power from the L' but because of the power to weight ratio..Accelerating almost 5k lbs takes quite a bit of power..

Stock 99 cobras are slow:shrug:

Yup...

I've never had trouble with a mildly modded 96-2010 Mustang from a dig or a roll with the exception of 03/04 Cobras, Mach 1s, Gt500s.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
I think this excerpt was from one of the Australian short story books, titled "Crock-o-crap"

blkvenm97

Established Member
99 cobras should pull a lightning by a lil stock for stock. but i don't want to get into a lightning vs cobra bashing contest because I love lightnings and I have mad respect for them. they can really move on for a full size truck that weighs almost 5000 lbs. easy to upgrade too like terminators because of the factory blower. I like lightnings because your average person/car person don't really know what they are and/or don't really know much a bout em. ecspecially ricers....it'd really be fun to roll up on a civic si in one of these big boys and put a hurting on em and watch their expression lol. my friend had a 00 lightning with a pully, intake, full exhaust, 410s and a tune and it was pretty damn quick. I like em

Users who are viewing this thread