My '96 GT vs. modded '95 GT

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
What's going on, dudes? Met a guy last week with a '95 GT. He's cammed (nothing too radical, not sure on the specs), full exhaust, some sort of ignition work (MSD box/distributor?), 3.55's, King Cobra clutch, and short shifter. He's running 275 Yoko's on an '03 Cobra rim. I'd seen his car before, but never knew the details. We met at a gas station, shot the sh!t for an hour and decided to cruise a bit. Well, I was behind him as we approached a red light and an open road, so I slid over to his right and gave him a nod and smirk.:D I had an amazing launch with just the right combo of spin and grip to rip him outta the hole. I was banging gears all the way up to ~110 when he slowly crept up next to me. Obviously his car is faster, but just needs some tires. We then decided to go from a 40 roll. I knew I was gonna get walked this time, but I figured it would even the score. We dropped 'em and I hung in there until the 2-3 shift and he started to pull on me at a decent clip. Good guy. We exchanged numbers and we're even cool enough to offer to help out with each other's cars. ha ha I'll take a loss to a swell cat in a nice Stang anyday.:beer: Later guys...

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Does your car have regular boltons like CAI, exhaust, etc? I'm actually surprised he didn't walk you from the line. The torque on the old 5.0's is pretty healthy.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
His mods are in his sig, and I think the first run sounds plausible seeing as how his 96 has a 10.5 rim w/ DR's and the 95 had soso tires. I would guess the OP has the driver mod as well. Nice runs.

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
His car is definitely faster. Just needs some DR's to get it outta the hole quicker. Like I said, he did catch up to me, but not until ~110 which is well beyond the 1/4 for me. Thank you Mr. Nitto. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread