My 91 gt 20ish to 100ish video

91 FOX 5.0

Established Member
Here is a video of my 91 mustang gt from about 20 mph to a little over 100 mph, the video quality is from my camera phone, so turn ur volume up to hear it, i need some good tires and some suspension mods on my car from the vid you can see i dont get traction in first and some of second

I know my car is not fast, but its a fun car im only 17 and i drive it everyday(except the winter)

let me know what you think

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/118d0a5b-3806-4f25-a861-99030176cf13.htm

jamesmustangrollingshotku6.jpg

jamesmustangparkpicbackwx7.jpg

James

Last edited:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Wow.. that is a flashback of my Black GT I got when I was 17. Same mods except for I had intake and u/d pullies. Sounds real clean and healthy. Keep it that way. :thumbsup:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
BTW.. Are you sure you have a 3.73? 5200 in second says its going ~62 mph thats like 3.08 gears. Plus at the end of 3rd your at around 95mph. I have had 3.73's in all my fox's but my vert. My vert's stock 3.08's had those shift points. My current fox does 65 in 2nd but at 6400rpms w/ 3.73's, and 95mph in 3rd at 6400.

You trap @ 95 so do you cross the line at the end of 3rd? If so then you have stock gears. If not then your speedo is not calibrated right.

Last edited:

91 FOX 5.0

Established Member
^ yes i believe my spedo is off, how do i fix that?

...although i really notice it when its cold outside, i dont understand it

and i did not have the gears put in, thats what i was told it had when i bought it, but from driving it doesnt seem like stock gears, if it was stock gears i dont know that i would have such a traction problem?

Last edited:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
91 FOX 5.0 said:
^ yes i believe my spedo is off, how do i fix that?

...although i really notice it when its cold outside, i dont understand it

and i did not have the gears put in, thats what i was told it had when i bought it, but from driving it doesnt seem like stock gears, if it was stock gears i dont know that i would have such a traction problem?

You will need a 23 tooth White speedo gear given your stock 91 t-5 Trans.

http://www.hardcore50.com/technical_articles/Rears_and_Gears.htm

Easiest way to check would be to jack the rear of the car up and count how many times the driveshaft goes around for 1 complete revolution of the tire. Make the tire face up, and make a mark on the diff flange (where the driveshaft connects to the rear diff) and count. :thumbsup:

Now that I think about it, I bet you just have the wrong speedo gear. Just pop the speedo cable out of the trans and check. Seems maybe 5mph off. Pull like that you would definately trap 100 mph w/ hook.

Last edited:

Whistler98

Established Member
Your car looks great. Take some more pics and post them. I want a fox so bad but I don't think it would be smart for me to have two cars that I can't drive in the winter lol.

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
Hells yea man, I wanted a 91-93 notch when I was 16-17.... never got it. Keep it clean and enjoy

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Car lloks and sounds great. I was also gonna say something about the gears cause I have 3.73's and your rpm's and mph dont match up with mine.

blu88notch

Established Member
Nice GT. it's refreshing to see a 17 year old that isn't a Honda nut swinger.
Stay safe bud.

Users who are viewing this thread