My 84 Regal

92fordtaurussho

slow5.0
Established Member
I know its not a Stang or anything of the ford family but i just wanted to see what some of you guys think of my regal.

Regal001.jpg

Regal005.jpg

Regal004.jpg

Regal006.jpg

Regal010.jpg

Regal007.jpg

92fordtaurussho

slow5.0
Established Member
when the old owners had it they had a 383 stroker with nitrous and the 4.10s and they said 11s. It was completely gutted..they bought an interior just to sell the car. The kid that had it before me loved burnouts. The 10 bolt rear end on the car isnt too strong...seeing it was a 6cyl when life started. I blew up the rear end driving to my fathers house so now its kinda slow...because of the stock rear end. But im going to be buying a GN 8 1/2 posi rear end very soon so i can bring it up to the track

Boost231

Established Member
thats a damn shame to see a turbo buick without a turbo buick motor. who ever did that to the car should be shot. here is a pic of my GN. Still needs tint and im working on getting the seats redone becuase those seat covers suck.

DSCF20261.JPG

GotGrunt

Established Member
Boost231 said:
thats a damn shame to see a turbo buick without a turbo buick motor. who ever did that to the car should be shot.
Looks like it was a regular V6 Regal that got a V8 swap. It doesn't have a TR steering wheel or the tach/boost gauge.

Boost231 said:
here is a pic of my GN. Still needs tint and im working on getting the seats redone becuase those seat covers suck.

DSCF20261.JPG
That's not a GN, it's a WH1 T-type... ;-)

Last edited:

JDsfastGN

Established Member
pretty good looking regal, the only thing i would add is a 84-85 GN front lower spoiler, they make it look a lot better imo, but it looks nice. Get some track times and have fun once you get the 8.5" posi in there.

Boost 231 thats a gorgeous WH1, always loved em

92fordtaurussho

slow5.0
Established Member
GotGrunt said:
Looks like it was a regular V6 Regal that got a V8 swap. It doesn't have a TR steering wheel or the tach/boost gauge.

That's not a GN, it's a WH1 T-type... ;-)

you are correct. It was a N/A v6 that was swapped over to a v8. I wish i had the money for a TR or GN but im poor and i traded my 97 SHO for this so i feel i made out a bit.

Boost231

Established Member
when i looked at the dash it looks like you can see the boost gauge in the bottom corner. also as far as the wheel it looks like it was changed. and with the turbo hood. o well to hard to tell for sure in pics. anyways yes its a WH1 :rockon:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I owned an 86 Regal Grand National when they were new on the market...loved it! Traded it for my first stang though.

DBTR

Established Member
Too bad it doesn't have the turbo 6 motor...but from the looks of it, you a strong running NA Regal. Props! I Myself own a 86 Regal T and it is a fun car to drive, but yes like the picture of the 2-tone t-type above, mine as well loves the garage life hehe. :p

Boost231

Established Member
ya my stupid car has such a nice paint job and the under carriage is coated and super clean it spends alot of time in the garage. i should drive it more but when i think of paint chips i want to :cuss:

nordy racer

Established Member
like everyone else has stated.. Nice looking Regal, just wish it had a Turbo 6 in it.. Thats a different type of beast then a V8..

ramdge

Established Member
You car looks almost exactly like my 1986 Grand National. I have the
same wheels and everything. The GN motor is really nice but the V8
should get you by. You can always swap out the motor for a GN motor
if you want to when you get the money and the V8 is alot better than
the V6 without the turbo. Good Luck.

Last edited:

92fordtaurussho

slow5.0
Established Member
Bel-Dooch said:
Sweet looking car!

BTW is that a CB behind the steer wheel ? If so you may want to upgrade to a cell phone.....

yeah its a cb..my friend i got the car off of bought it because he doesnt have a cell phone..i on the other hand do so i really dont need it.. :bash:

DBTR

Established Member
Lol, whatever it takes to communicate, CB's are nice to have for the scoop on where cops are at though.

Users who are viewing this thread