my 69 amx project

mustangracer11

Established Member
was my second car I got it when i was 17 I drove it a lot when I first got it. But it's been in apart for years now. It's time to get it back on the road. Plans for it is ls engine and T56, 03 cobra irs, art morrisson front sub frame with C6 suspension, 18x9 and 18x10 wheels haven't decided on which ones though. a 6 point cage and fix all the rust. It will probably take a while to be completed because im buying parts when im able to. When I pulled the carpet out I noticed that The roll bar was held in with 5/16 self tapping bolts and a few carrage head 3/8 bolts. It was in the car when I got it. They guy I bought it from told me it had the orginal 390 in it but when I pulled it out I noticed it was really a 360. He cant be trusted. I dont deal with him anymore. He lies to everyone and will act like he's your friend

DSC00009-1.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC000202.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSCN2034.jpg

DSC000112.jpg

IMAGE_008.jpg

IMG_2830-1.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

prs97

Established Member
wow, nice!

I hear AMX's are really hard to get parts for but it looks like you're starting off in fairly good shape.

Good luck with the restoration.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Sweet! I love those AMX's, I wanted to get one before I got my 5.0 as my first car but they were all rotted out that were in my price range. Put a Terminator motor in it, That will blow some minds :)

mustangracer11

Established Member
thanks. I thought about a modular they are just so big and would be more difficult installing. I dont have a engine yet so I might change my mind. How much are terminator engines going for now?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Now there's a car you don' see/hear about very often! My grandpa had a 69' AMC Javelin Big Bad Orang that he sold about 4 years ago. Very clean car and it seemed to hold up well against rust. I really wanted to fix it up for a driver myself, but as mentioned, parts are hard to get and I didn't want to mess with it. Wishing I would have gotten it because it did run well, just needed a little TLC. Looking forward to updated pics!

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
My dad had a 69 big bad blue one when i was a kid. Me and my sister use to ride in the back. Wish he still had it that was the rarest color of the big bad colors.

Users who are viewing this thread