My '65 Coupe Project

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
Well no progress or anything like that just yet, but I figured I would go ahead and make a thing for while the car progresses.
Anyway, I picked up a white 1965 Ford Mustang coupe from a guy in my local car club. It is originally a 6 cylinder car, but that has since been swapped out in favor of a 302/T5 combo.
302 HO
F-cam (512 lift I/E)
Flowtech long tubes to Flowmasters
Edelbrock RPM intake
600 CFM Edelbrock carb
The car is a great driver, but is in need of some rust repairs along with plenty of other things like any 40+ year old car.

P1010415.jpg

P1010416.jpg

P1010418.jpg

P1010419.jpg

P1010420.jpg

P1010422.jpg

My first mod!
P1010417.jpg

Anyway...My intentions for the car are to fix the little things in the interior (pretty much just make it look like it did from the factory...Badass bluish/green and white) and do a one-over over the mechanical components. The car drives great...Real great cruiser...However, the motor smokes a little (bad valve seal perhaps?) and like any T5, grinds into 3rd...
After all of that is done, I'm off to do a 5-lug/disc brake conversion and get an air-bag setup to adjust the ride height from drive-able to tucking the wheels...And as for wheels, I will be going with American Racing Torque Thrust II's (17 up front and 18 out back) while shortening the rear axle and mini-tubs to get the deep dish look.
From there, I'll address my attention to any body work I feel that needs to be changed/fixed...But I almost want to leave the body a little rusty with faded paint to give it a "rat rod" feel :rolling:
That's really about all I have in store for this ride as I'm not looking to have something with a jillion horsepower or be a complete show stopper...Just a nice, fun cruiser that is actually comfortable and maybe run 13s.

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick, without too much detail, planner of what is coming up next.
I'll try and update this thread accordingly as progress gets made:thumbsup:

-Tyler

amorrow

Established Member
Looks like it'll make for a great project. My dad has a '65 coupe (his first car) optioned in a similar way to yours, same colors and all. Good luck with it, and looking forward to seeing updates!

Users who are viewing this thread