My 350Z kill...

Red96Cobra6923

Friday night i had finally got my cobra up and running pretty good, and decided to go out for a little drive, taking it somewhat easy, and this kid i know comes flyin up behind me in his dads 350Z. This kid talks about the car like its his, and its gods gift to the world.

Well, i dont normally streetrace, but i had to put this kids ego back in place.

From a second gear roll for me, sounded like he was in first just about at redline (~25-30 mph) we both hit it, we were dead even for about a second, the boost kicked in, and i was gone. I ran it up to about 65-70 and let off.

We got a light behind a bunch of other cars, and he goes "No one has ever pulled on me like that" I laughed and turned to go back home

I know he stood no chance, but it was fun smackin him in the face :banana:

sic04svt

Wow. You killed a 350Z :sleeping: 350's and G35's are slow as hell. I would know because i have a G35. That isn't even a fair race. Yea most G and Z owners think there rides are the shit. Deep down inside they know it's all show and no got. Even a supercharged one will barley put down 300rwhp. So come on now.

Red96Cobra6923

SVTCobra96 said:
whats your car runnin in the 1/4

no clue, i just got the blower finished up 2 days ago. Hoping to get to the track on wednesday to get some times. My tune is REALLY rich right now, and i plan on keeping it that way.

Hopefully ill be able to get some traction and be somewhere in the 11's, but im not sure.

Red96Cobra6923

04svtlightning said:
Wow. You killed a 350Z :sleeping: 350's and G35's are slow as hell. I would know because i have a G35. That isn't even a fair race. Yea most G and Z owners think there rides are the shit. Deep down inside they know it's all show and no got. Even a supercharged one will barley put down 300rwhp. So come on now.

I know that, and thats why i posted that i knew he didnt stand a chance. It was more of a story about the driver being ****y about a car that isnt even his.

Ironhand

Banned
All these kids with these 4 and 6 cylinder tuners think that the higher you rev the motor the more power you make, I dont know how many jerks in new cars i whooped up on because I know my power curve and they dont. :)

It's a really good peice of information right there to have. lol

BrianC

Established Member
QWIKSNK said:
My tune is REALLY rich right now, and i plan on keeping it that way.

Why do you want to keep it rich? Most stock Fords run rich, and when people are tuning them, they have to lean out the mixture to get more power. For forced induction vehicles, 11.9:1 is as rich as you want to go. It's optimal for power output. Anymore than that is hurting the power or wasting gas. Don't take my word for it, though. Do a search on forced induction and optimal air/fuel ratios. I say this because I want you to get the best performance you can get...that's all.

Red96Cobra6923

BrianC said:
Why do you want to keep it rich? Most stock Fords run rich, and when people are tuning them, they have to lean out the mixture to get more power. For forced induction vehicles, 11.9:1 is as rich as you want to go. It's optimal for power output. Anymore than that is hurting the power or wasting gas. Don't take my word for it, though. Do a search on forced induction and optimal air/fuel ratios. I say this because I want you to get the best performance you can get...that's all.

I know, its not best to run rich, but my WB wont be here till tommarow, and im doing the tuning myself. Id rather run rich for a few days and save the motor, then try to tune without the Wideband.

DomZ

Hey guys, over here to defend my kind :)

I drive a 350Z and I know my car isn't the shit, trust me. I raced 04SnakeNJ for fun when he was just intake/catback and he walked all over me, like worse than a modded Z06 did.

Love Cobras to death, would have bought one if they were down a bit in price before I bought my car. Anyways, have a good one guys.

Users who are viewing this thread