My 2v Build

98 Roush

Established Member
Hey guys i got some questions about my built hopefully someone can help me out. Im getting a motor built by mmr 4.75 750block with 9.5:1 cr. Im going to install a v2 strim vortech with 14-15 pounds of boost with power pipe with ported pi heads stage 2 by mmr with a trick flow stage 1 4.6 cams. stock pi maniflod,long tubes and exhaust with 91 octane tune

1. Is the 9.5:1 cr recommened by mmr a good choice.

2. How much power to the wheel im looking to get with this set-up

3. Any pro or cons going 4.75 stroker instead of a build 4.6

4. Is 750se fine or should i get 1000se block. The most wrhp ill ever push it is around 650wrhp.

Thanks Guy, Mike

musclemustangcb

Established Member
In my roush i have a forged 5.0l stroker@ 9.5:1/16psi 550 rwhpw/ methanol, blower maxed.
Ported pi heads
Mhs blower cams and springs
Eddy intake w/6061 Plenum
75mm tbody
60# injectors.
I have just sold my blower setup and gone Turbo.

Last edited:

98 Roush

Established Member
In my roush i have a forged 5.0l stroker@ 9.5:1/16psi 550 rwhpw/ methanol, blower maxed.
Ported pi heads
Mhs blower cams and springs
Eddy intake w/6061 Plenum
75mm tbody
60# injectors.
I have just sold my blower setup and gone Turbo.

What kind of blower and did you need meth. Would a I/C be needed. How much power without it?

Chais92

Established Member
I have the same shortblock, p&p heads with enlarged valves, and Houston performance s292 blower cams, with a vortech v1 at about 14psi. Down at the moment but we did a partial pull on the dyno and Jeff (tuner) estimated 550-600.

98 Roush

Established Member
I have the same shortblock, p&p heads with enlarged valves, and Houston performance s292 blower cams, with a vortech v1 at about 14psi. Down at the moment but we did a partial pull on the dyno and Jeff (tuner) estimated 550-600.

Wow, Thats what im hoping for!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Hey guys i got some questions about my built hopefully someone can help me out. Im getting a motor built by mmr 4.75 750block with 9.5:1 cr. Im going to install a v2 strim vortech with 14-15 pounds of boost with power pipe with ported pi heads stage 2 by mmr with a trick flow stage 1 4.6 cams. stock pi maniflod,long tubes and exhaust with 91 octane tune

1. Is the 9.5:1 cr recommened by mmr a good choice.

2. How much power to the wheel im looking to get with this set-up

3. Any pro or cons going 4.75 stroker instead of a build 4.6

4. Is 750se fine or should i get 1000se block. The most wrhp ill ever push it is around 650wrhp.

Thanks Guy, Mike

1. my9.5:1 is just fine for what boost i push now and will in the future
2. port/polish heads and stock cams i made 450hp on 10lbs, im sure your 14-15 will be mid 500's easily
3. ................heck if i know
4. i had the funds but chose the 750se because i have a friend with one making 712rwhp @18lbs, only thing different is i went with the melling billet gear oil pump and he went with the POS MMR one.............and tons of boost

overall, youll be very pleased with your build i think

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
one thing MMR isnt going to tell you when you get the shortblock built..............YOULL NEED GASKETS! They dont come with anything besides head gaskets

98 Roush

Established Member
1. my9.5:1 is just fine for what boost i push now and will in the future
2. port/polish heads and stock cams i made 450hp on 10lbs, im sure your 14-15 will be mid 500's easily
3. ................heck if i know
4. i had the funds but chose the 750se because i have a friend with one making 712rwhp @18lbs, only thing different is i went with the melling billet gear oil pump and he went with the POS MMR one.............and tons of boost

overall, youll be very pleased with your build i think

Thanks alot bro for your input. My mine concern was the 9.5:1 cr on 91 octane with 15 psi but seem like ill be ok:dancenana:

SCalla1384

Established Member

Good info! I was debating on doing a 5.0 stroker. But Im nervous the bigger stroke will take away from being able to rev the motor to 7000rpm

hollowdweller

Established Member
What kind of blower and did you need meth. Would a I/C be needed. How much power without it?
With those boost numbers I'd recommend getting an I/C or meth. I wont say you "need" either but your IAT's will probably be getting pretty high. IMO you'd gain more with a meth kit but an I/C seems alittle more reliable, to me anyways!!

98 Roush

Established Member
I just spoke to two good tuners hear in California and they both told me to go 8.5:1cr cause of the shitty 91 pump gas I wanted to get tune with. Any thought on that guys.

Last edited:

hollowdweller

Established Member
I just spoke to two good tuners hear in California and they both told me to go 8.5:1cr cause of the shitty 91 pump gas I wanted to get tune with. Any thought on that guys.
Yeah when I told my tuner I was wanting to push my 2.1 to 14~15lbs he said he could tune it with the 91 octane here in Oklahoma but suggested I look at a meth kit or adding alittle race gas to my fuel. I think I'm at 8.5:1cr but dunno really. 17cc dish piston, .030 bore, with the stock heads?

98 Roush

Established Member
Yeah when I told my tuner I was wanting to push my 2.1 to 14~15lbs he said he could tune it with the 91 octane here in Oklahoma but suggested I look at a meth kit or adding alittle race gas to my fuel. I think I'm at 8.5:1cr but dunno really. 17cc dish piston, .030 bore, with the stock heads?

If you dont mind me asking whats your set-up and how much power did you put down. How does it feel through out the rpm's. Thanks

Stanger00

Established Member
I wouldn't go with 9.5 comp. You aren't really gaining much power for the risk of detonation with crap fuel. I haven't done the math but I'm running a aluminator with 8.5:1 compression if I were to bolt on 4 valve c heads. I'm running 44cc TFS heads and with the smaller chamber my compression is up higher but still below 9:1 compression. However I am running 16 psi at 7k rpms and with 19* of timing and 91 octane the car pulled just over 600hp. My tuner dialed back the timing for daily use and even with that tune the car is more than an animal.

I would turn down the 9.5:1 compression just for piece of mind.

Edit: with 15 psi at 6500-6800 you should be in the ball park of 550-570. The cams and intake will start to cork up around 6200ish. I'm running a bigger cam and my stock PI manifold didn't start to restrict till 6500 and was making power till 7k.

Last edited:

98 Roush

Established Member
I wouldn't go with 9.5 comp. You aren't really gaining much power for the risk of detonation with crap fuel. I haven't done the math but I'm running a aluminator with 8.5:1 compression if I were to bolt on 4 valve c heads. I'm running 44cc TFS heads and with the smaller chamber my compression is up higher but still below 9:1 compression. However I am running 16 psi at 7k rpms and with 19* of timing and 91 octane the car pulled just over 600hp. My tuner dialed back the timing for daily use and even with that tune the car is more than an animal.

I would turn down the 9.5:1 compression just for piece of mind.

Edit: with 15 psi at 6500-6800 you should be in the ball park of 550-570. The cams and intake will start to cork up around 6200ish. I'm running a bigger cam and my stock PI manifold didn't start to restrict till 6500 and was making power till 7k.

After talking to couple of people I've decided to go with 9.3:1 cr. My goal is to get 500 wrhp on 91 and close to 550 who with 100 octane. If I go to low my car will be sluggish at low Rpms but I'm going I/C. Maybe go meth in the future. Plus I heard don't go to low of a CR on a vortech. Twin screw you want really low CR. Any thought on that.

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
A centri built motor will always be sluggish in the lower rpms when compared to a PD built motor. What really impacts low rpm day to day driving is cam selection. Im running TFS stage 2 blower cam and I did take a small hit with part throttle driving but that's fine with me. The car makes over 400lb ft. Torque from 3k till 7k rpm and has a near flat curve over 525lb ft from 4800 to 6300 rpm.

It's your risk to run stock level compression with higher boost. The amount of power your leaving on the table is going to be small but again the motor will not be 'snappy' in the low rpms. It will sing from 3k to over 7500 of paired with the right cam and intake manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread