My 22's just showed up:)

hdmlnium

Established Member
I got home from work and my 22" rims and tires were waiting for me. I have some pics if anyone wants to post them for me just let me know and I will e-mail them to you.

Bill

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Here ya go:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Man those are some Bad Assed sneakers

I didn't think I liked them at first but after I looked at them for a minute they started to grow on me. Sort of the way the 2001 lights looked to me when I first saw them, now I wouldn't want it without them.

Can't wait to see them in person

How do they ride?

hdmlnium

Established Member
sweetsvt99, Thanks for posting them:)

Don, Thanks man, I know I really like them. As far as how they ride, Who ever balanced them sucks, I will have to get them done over, the faster you go the worse it gets.

Smok'n L, Thanks, no rubbing problems at all. as far as whats next, I still have a few things planed. One thing I need to do this week is polish my fuel door so it's nice and shiny like my wheels.

FlaSVT, I went with the Dunlop SP 9000 in a 285/30/22 profile. I will probably go with a little taller profile after I smoke these bad boys off. I don't carry a spare, If I ever get a flat I will just call AAA to flat bed it home.

Bill

99BlackBolt

Established Member
Bill,
Your ride keeps looking better by the week... So what's next? As far as the rims being out of balance, they may be but alot of the aftermarket rims require a spacer because they don't fit the hub like the stock wheels... Each company makes their own spacer called a hub eccentric(plastic piece that goes on the back of the wheel to the rotor and makes it a factory fit... I work in the tire industry and alot of places like tire rack and discount direct don't remember to put these in with the lugs and we see about 3-6 customers a week claiming the same thing... Have them checked but if they are in balance call whoever you ordered them from... Hope this helps and keep us all informed of the next mod...

Later, Justin

hdmlnium

Established Member
Justin,

Thanks for the info and I'm glad you like the way it looks.
I have got a couple of people that really think it looks horrible on some other message boards with the new wheels, so it's good to hear that some like it.

Thanks, Bill

hdmlnium

Established Member
JJ's Whitelight, Thanks for telling me how it is, I don't take it to heart, and I do appreciate the honesty.
Some people will like it and some won't, that is reality, and I understand. I won't run it too much at the track with the 22's but I do want to be the first person with a gen 2 Lightning to get into the twelves on 22's:D

Bill

hdmlnium

Established Member
JJ's Whitelight,
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I won't make it to VMP this weekend but the track that I go to on a normal basis is New England Dragway in Epping, New Hampshire. They have test and tune nights on Wednesday's and Friday's, If you ever think that you might make it up for some fun let me no in advance and i will make sure that I will be there and there are a few other L's that race there too. I'm sure we could make it a Lightning night.:)

foreverford

Established Member
I love them. BLING! BLING! Are you serious, they dont rub, even w/ the wheel cranked? If I may ask, how bad did they break your wallet? I think they look awesome. Congrats!:D :D :D :D :D

james007p

Established Member
The 22s look great. I just put on the BOFA 18s and they look great too. I just have more space in the wheel wells than you do. The only reason I didn't go with the 20s or 22s is because of all the negative feedback I got from people regarding changing the stock wheel size. I put the stock tires on the BOFAs and I'll post pics in a few days. It was a lot cheaper too, not having to buy new tires and I got the BOFAs for $360/each. Actually, if I drop my truck a couple of inches, no one will know what size the wheels are.

hdmlnium

Established Member
What I paid for them? A long story so I will try to explain quickly. A guy posted on NLOC about buying a set of these 22" bofa's and he paid $8000.00 for the rims and tires. I liked them so I posted about what the rims I was planning on getting were, REMEMBER the Hot Blonde that was sitting on one of these 22's. Well anyway I called around trying to find the best price and the best price I found was $5960.00 for the rims and tires. These guys told me that if someone paid $8000.00 for them they must have paid retail (or full price) He couldn't have shopped around to much. I was already to order them at the $5960.00 price and a couple of guys on NLOC told me that the same rims and tires that I was going to buy were on E-bay. So I did the bidding thing and won. I ended up paying $4160.00 with shipping. The bonus of all this was when the guy took the rims off his Navi he notticed a couple of spots on the rims, he then brought them down to the shop in Fla. where he bought them and the shop replaced all four rims with brand new ones. So only the tires have some slight use on them. He paid just over $6000.00 for them but he bought a S- series Benz. He is selling the Navi and putting it back to stock. Long story on the price but I wanted to tell you what I paid for them and the not have a lot of questions on why so cheap. That is the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread