My 2013 Shelby setup

svt_king_cobra

Established Member
would like to share with you my new Shelby 2013 setup.
Recently I have purchased Shelby 2013 aftermarket parts from Lethal Performance, Below are the parts:

-Whipple 2.9 with 3.00” (13 PSI)
-Ford Racing oval super cobra jet throttle
-JLT super big air 148mm
-Kenne bell Dual boost a pump
-Kooks LT headers 1 7/8
-Kooks X pipe
-Jon Lund Tune

I still use the stock injectors and exhaust.
The car puts 773 RWHP and 709 RWTQ at 13 PSI :coolman: , I’m thinking to get more power but without harming my engine.
Any ideas or comments will be helpful. :dancenana:

jps043

Established Member
What are the stock injectors rated at? I know Revan and I thought Lethal as well recommended upgrading the injectors for their basic bolt-ons package. Regardless, those are some nice numbers for sure for 13PSI.

svt_king_cobra

Established Member
What are the stock injectors rated at? I know Revan and I thought Lethal as well recommended upgrading the injectors for their basic bolt-ons package. Regardless, those are some nice numbers for sure for 13PSI.

It is in my nest plan to upgrade the injectors to 72 LB and the exhaust to Borla S-type.
But the question what is the max power can this engine handle!
I think it is weaker than the 2012.

jps043

Established Member
It is in my nest plan to upgrade the injectors to 72 LB and the exhaust to Borla S-type.
But the question what is the max power can this engine handle!
I think it is weaker than the 2012.

That makes sense, and yes the true elephant in the room question is how much power the stock block can handle. I think you are getting close to it's limits as I remember seeing chatter about 800whp being the max.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Engine builder team leader said this in the Niche build thread:
""There are a lot of Youtube videos of these cars showing up on chassis dynos and drag strips now. I don't think we have any issues with durability at all until folks start the search for more power. We have seen a couple of really cool grenades created by the aftermarket tuners pushing them over the edge! Engines seem pretty safe up to about 750 then you probably would want to think about a different set of rods. Pistons would probably go a little farther than that. Check out Sean Hyland's website. He is working on 1000Hp right now. Shelby is making it with either Eagle or Manley rods and pistons. Bottom line, throw some really good bolt ons at em, a good, SAFE, Cal at em, and drive em like you stole em!""

Users who are viewing this thread