My 2012's first track outing.

Mutt69

Street Racer
Established Member
Went [email protected]! Before you discount the numbers, please realize that the density altitude was about 8500'. NHRA handicaps Albuquerque National Dragway with .9.

Tried launching the car with traction control off at 3500 RPM, which resulted in the stock Pirellis frying like an egg. Tried the car in "Sport Mode", but it lost five MPH through the traps. My best result was launching in sport mode and also second and third gear shifts, turning it off after booting third and the MPH came back. Unorthodox? Maybe, but it seemed to work pretty well.

Next mission is to stuff a set of slicks under the car and see if we can get it in the twelves, stock, at elevation.

9ba9af6d.jpg

alex12gt

Established Member
Launching on street tires is litterally pointless with these cars if you easy into you will get better time then just lighting the tires up.....traction control should always be off...

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
It appeared that you dumped the clutch. I suggest that you try leaving the lights as if you were leaving a normal traffic light, but a little more aggressively. I have managed 1.9 60ft on my 19" 245's and 3.73's. I also lowered the pressure to 28psi and did a moderate burnout after going around the water box.

Be careful out there and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread