My 2010 Kenne Bell GT; Feels "Slow'

Orionstang

Established Member
Alright guys, posted a little in the KB section, but I don't think its a blower issue. The car is consistent, however, it is consistently in the low/mid 12s at 115-117. This is on a GPS measured street 1/4, track opens end of the month. Ill give you the parts rundown, and hopefully someone can tell me if Im wrong in thinking it should be faster.

2010 Mustang 4.6/5-spd, stage 1 KB with intercooler and BAP, dynoed 476/445. Stock exhaust w/cats and Pype Bombs. RAM twin-disc with aluminum flywheel, one-piece aluminum drive shaft, Cobra T-loc with FRPP 4.10s, and Moser axle/stud upgrade. FRPP K-springs with stock front struts and Tokico shocks, Steeda UCA and mount, Steeda adj panhard bar, J&M LCAs. 18x9/18x10 Track Pack wheels with NT555 (255/45 18) and NT555Rs (305/40 18). The car is stripped behind the seats and the battery is behind the passenger seat, an XS Power D1200.

Best time, to the best of my current timing ability, is 12.3 @ 116. Should do better, right? Different tires would help,,,,,

Bring on the feedback.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
The s197 branch of svtp here is a little slow sometimes. You should check out s197forum.com They have lots of guys that should be able to help you. But I wouldn't read too much into your GPS times just yet. Lots of factors should be considered. I'm sure launching a 5 speed on the street with that kind of power is really tricky to hook up. I would say with a better tire setup at the track it should easily get into the 11's

Orionstang

Established Member
Thanks, Im seeing that LOL. My comment was meant to be sarcastic, Im a smartass. Ill check that site out.

ANd on topic, "tricky" is an understatement. I have a set of MTs here Im trying to sell, maybe ill get 'em mounted up.

ChewyR

Established Member
I have a DOB setup, and I thought mine felt a little slow after making 468 rwhp (as compared to a 383 rwhp fox I had) one day I decided to drive around with my code scanner plugged in and I watched IATs. I was very surprised that on the street I was seeing 160 - 170 IATs. During tuning I was only seeing 140 IAT. I started reading here in the GT500 section and saw everyone was upgrading their head exchanger. I put a Lightning Force dual core heat exchanger on it, with a peirburg intercooler pump. The car felt noticeably faster, I retested the IAT and was seeing 120 - 130 after the upgrade. IIRC Kennebelle's included tune lets the timing float as they say. If it feels slow I would venture to guess it is pulling timing due to high IAT on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread