My 2004 SVT Cobra Resurrection Project! Finished!

MaximusDecimus

Established Member
So in the fall of 2012, I purchased a 2004 Redfire coupe that had been sitting since 2006 in a barn after being wrecked. After carefully inspecting the wreckage and doing some calculations of parts costs and such I decided the buy this poor car destined for the graveyard. Almost 2 years later I have finally finished bringing her back to life! I have made a public Facebook photo album about it that i have attached the link to here. Please enjoy! I feel good knowing I prevented what would have been a horrible tragedy by letting this amazing car continue to rot away until it was no more!

It is now a 46,000 mile car which is completely stock except for a built up IRS that has the rare and beautiful FORE billet aluminum differential cover, differential lowering kit, DSS level 5 half shafts, and upgraded bushings, a C&L ram air intake (since the stock was nowhere to be seen), with a perfect interior and absolutely perfect mirror shine paint! :)

COBRA RESURRECTION ALBUM!!! :coolman:

CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE PICS! ---> https://www.facebook.com/GIUSEPPE.L...10152653040678620.1073741827.501798619&type=3

Thanks for looking!

smallc1.jpg smallc2.jpg

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Outstanding job!
I love body work. I'm of the opinion that anything can be fixed with enough work and money. Also that it can be done to a level equal to or higher than OEM specs.

Thanks for sharing!
Do you have any underhood shots or underneath the front and rear?
What was up with the rear differential that required the extra attention or was it just an area you wanted beefed up to support later mods?

SV

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Geez man, awesome job! I love seeing threads like these. Great work!

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Can you post the pictures here? It says I have to log in to Facebook to view them but I don't have a Facebook

04Cobra03

Established Member
That is totally awesome!!!! I love barn finds. That is so cool to save a special car. Most people would have taken the drivetrain and Terminator parts and left it for dead.

My bullitt was a little rough around the edges and people wanted to part it out but I bought it and brought it back and I love it. The same with my brothers Mach 1,someone wanted it for its engine but he cleaned it up and bought it a new tranny. Although our cars were never wrecked they were in danger. I also saved three GT Mustang last year. One of them was a red fire GT that was wrecked that I rebuilt and other ones needed engines. There is a great level of accomplishment in saving something

Users who are viewing this thread