My 2003, nothing but fun.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Another 60 miles and mutilple trips to redline today. No overheating, no vibe, no clunk, no pull, no tick, no squeal (except from the tires). Nothing but ass kicking, tire smoking HP.

Thank you to Ford and all of the Ford employees for building me this wonderful car.

:burnout:

Too much negative crap on the board today...

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Still love my car just want to get the tob problem solved without getting a new transmission. mine shifts and sounds great.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Ditto

One year (8/10), 7,500 miles, three oil changes one tire rotation...NO problems :-D

:beer:

(sorry for those that got substandard units, every carmaker can produce a dud, unfortunately)

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
about 19k miles, and I just completely demolished a cocky Firebird owner yesturday. No pull/vibe/overheat or anything

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Luv my car, bring on a Chevy, Dodge, exotic, whatever, the've ALL gone down. Would trade this thing for anything!!

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Yes, it's nice to hear some good news.

I had the Cobra out all day today. It was hotter than holy hell outside today and I ran fine. Some heavy traffic, A/C on, a quick kill against some Audi thing with turbos. No sign of overheating.

I really feel for the guys who have serious problems like stalling and overheating. All I have is the vibe, pull, and pop. I should feel lucky.

Even with all the problems, the car really drives nice and otherwise feels solid. I just wish Ford would step up and fix all these issues we're having. It would make me feel a lot better to know that I could count on them.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Had my car out for a little teaser today before another episode of RAIN. It supposed to be beautiful tomarrow, plan on running 100 miles or more. I can't wait to rip it up, just got my Torch Red tinted out (15% all around, 5% rear window) and it looks too sweet.
No problems with my baby, just trying to find time to drive her :)

Most

Established Member
I have mine since 8 days and 1500 miles...

EXCELLENT CAR

The transmission is somethimes a little noisy - not sure if this is normal. I have no reference here.

Today I made a nice trip into the Swiss Alps.
Excellent wheater - beautiful trip....
But the rear tires had a hard Job, also the brakes...:D

Greetings from a HAPPY owner in Europe
Stefan

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by Most
I have mine since 8 days and 1500 miles...

The transmission is somethimes a little noisy - not sure if this is normal. I have no reference here.

Wow! 1500 miles! Where have you been going?
It must be nice to have the Cobra up there. Your roads are so nice.

Did you take those resonators off yet?

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Hey Maoun, no offnse, but that avatar sux! Did you use the editor built into windows? It does a crappy job resizing..

Upload the original and I'll resize it with photoshop so it's nice and clear.

BTW, I put another 40 miles on it tonight, that last 2 of those were 3K RPMs and up :) The Stinger sounds wicked at those RPMs.

Most

Established Member
Originally posted by NyteByte
Wow! 1500 miles! Where have you been going?
It must be nice to have the Cobra up there. Your roads are so nice.

Did you take those resonators off yet?

There where allready 115 Miles on the car, as it arrived in Switzerland.
My garage did additionaly 800 Miles (!) the two weeks before I go it! This was necessary to get all the papers: They had to go two times to Munich to measure the loudness. Munich is approx 150 Miles from here.

The resonators are still there: Its written in the papers very clearly! Every police officer on the street can easily see if there is an other - or no resonator...

I also tried to order a Magnaflow Catback in Ebay (or 380 $). After I purchased it ("Buy now"), I have seen "Delivery only in US". I immediately wrote to the seller and got NO response since almost one week! Bad situation: I can not order somewhere else, because the purchase - and I dont know if this bad guy will deliver (on my cost) to Europe...
Just a waste of time.

Now I can only hear the intake noise of the STEEDA CAI. Almost no noise of the engine! But this is very hard for shifting. The noise of the blower is hard to indicate the rpms! And on full throttle, I think its better to keep my eyes on the street than on the tacho!

upps: 5:07 pm here ...maybe time for a sleep. Tomorrow is nice wheater and there is a cobra in my garage...

Best regards, Stefan
...the driver of the quitest Cobra worldwide....

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Most

Now I can only hear the intake noise of the STEEDA CAI. Almost no noise of the engine! But this is very hard for shifting. The noise of the blower is hard to indicate the rpms! And on full throttle, I think its better to keep my eyes on the street than on the tacho!

http://www.raptorperformance.com/ Nice shift light.

You are probably the only person in the world, literally, to put an extra set of mufflers on an 03 Cobra. Put a Borla Stinger with a off road H pipe on there and the cops would probably shit their pants.

wicked03snake

Established Member
my car was nearly impossible to get in reverse or first when i got it and the clutch had to be pushed all the way to the floor(and almost through the floor) later on the tob started its little squeal and i took it back to the dealer with a 2.8, cai, and 2 chamber flows and they put in a new clutch,pressure plate,tob, and driveshaft(vibration). after that the clutch is much lighter(my girlfriend only has to stand on the clutch now instead of using two feet, but its perfect for me) and it releases halfway. no tob problems yet after 10000 miles. i think they got the problem fixed if you can get the dealer to do something

NOGM4ME

Wasted Rock Ranger
Established Member
:D I love my car too!!!!! Just recently installed a Steeda Tri-Ax and Steeda cat back (my K&N CAI is on back order) and went out and burn't up 2 tanks of gas in 3 days just cruising. Probably pissed of a few locals in the country side with my new exhaust and triple diget speeding!:burnout: I've had some issues with my car but never for a minute let that sway my feelings for the best Mustang yet! Heck all the flaws I've got and my wife never complains! I still perform even if it does hurt to stand,sit,sleep, kneel, bendover or anything else for to long. I can't wait to get old! :p

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Having nothing but fun with my 03 also!! 5500 miles and running strong.

Hey 94SVT Coupe, the Raptor shift light looks real good. Looks like a "gotta have" !!

Stefan (Most) you should have lots of fun with the Cobra in Europe with no speed limits on then Autobahn! Good luck with the Cobra and have fun surprising some of those Porsche's, BMW's and Audi's!!

Gord

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
You are probably the only person in the world, literally, to put an extra set of mufflers on an 03 Cobra.

I actually would be interested in keeping the Cobra quiet. I want to get a performance exhaust system, but I really don't want the car much louder than stock.

Unfortunately, I know it's a trade-off, but there must be SOMETHING out there that can do the job.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by NyteByte
I actually would be interested in keeping the Cobra quiet. I want to get a performance exhaust system, but I really don't want the car much louder than stock.

Unfortunately, I know it's a trade-off, but there must be SOMETHING out there that can do the job.
FR500 catback has spring-loaded baffles to keep it "stock" quiet until you go WOT...

Gray Snake

Established Member
I love my cobra too, even though it ticks and pulls. Still an awesome car. I wish I lived closer to Cincy, I really want to hear the stinger system in person. How does the sound compare to flowmasters?

Users who are viewing this thread