My 2003 Cobra vs Chrysler 300C SRT8

weaselp1

Established Member
I was driving to grab some groceries today and out of nowhere I see a 300C come up on me and fly by. I saw the SRT8 as he flew by me; It sounded really nasty and the cats had to be gone because it stunk also. The guy just gave me a nod as he flew by. He then slowed down and got up next to me and put his car in neutral and revved it. (it sounded really good) I just kinda laughed and did not do anything....he then nailed it and moved over to the right lane in front of me (I was on a 4 lane road - 2 lanes each direction)

I didn't think much of it, but then I saw he was turning onto the freeway and that is where i was turning; I knew he was going to give it hell when he made that turn and there is 2 lanes that merge onto the freeway, so i thought even though i was behind him i would try and pass him on the on ramp. So as he turned he gave it hell and I gave it all hell too. By the time we merged on the freeway I had passed him by about 4 car lengths and slowed down. He kept on going and as he was going by gave me a thumbs up. Those 300C SRT8's move until about 60....I was kinda surprised. Either way, it was a fun kill even though I was at a disadvantage to start.:rockon:

evolve

Established Member
Nice kill. They're no slouch. You are ported so he lost that one before it even started. He'd need a shot or FI to make it a race.

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Good kill. Those cars move past 60 to they can give a 5.0 fits with just a tune.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Good kill.

One of the car magazines (don't remember which one) tested a 300 SRT8 and they were able to trap 112-113. They are big heavy cars but they move pretty well.

OneSlowV

Established Member
They made a model that was called the srt8 design. It came with the 5.7 hemi instead of the 6.1. Maybe thats why it didn't run good after 60? But then again you have almost 500 rwhp lol

09VistaBlueGT

Established Member
6.1 and 6.4 Chryslers are soudning like the new 5.0s on here. Unbeatable and 11s with just a tune hahahaha.

OneSlowV

Established Member
6.1s with boltons are high 12s. 6.4s with tune and intake can be in the high 11s with a good driver. Just facts bro

S8ER01Z

Established Member
6.1s with boltons are high 12s. 6.4s with tune and intake can be in the high 11s with a good driver. Just facts bro

This. A few have done it with CAI/tune (tuning is still limited)... Drag radials and a tune can definitely get it done.

Here is one of the CAI/tune results.
KJ392 [email protected] 1.772 60' 392 A5 CAI Tune

OneSlowV

Established Member
Not bad i know tuning has been released for the 392 from diablo sport i have on my 2012 charger 392

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Yeah 'trinity' is it? B&G still has a tune option as well... Still unlocking things I believe... I wish dodge didn't encrypt it so people had the same options ford/GM guys do. :(

Good kill OP. I forgot to say that

09VistaBlueGT

Established Member
Now I'm curious how my 06 C6 A6 would do against a 392 Chally, from like a 50-140 roll perhaps. I'm stock except for HPTuners, 363rwhp.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Should be a good race. I have seen a few 392s pull the ls2 vettes from a roll though.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
My buddy had an 08 with the 6.1. For the boat that they are that thing rolled out good. Only had a predator tune or something. Was a fun car to cruise around in, surprised alot of ricers.

Users who are viewing this thread