My 2003 Cobra vs 2001 Intimidator SS Camaro

weaselp1

Established Member
I was heading home from a friends house on the freeway minding my own business around midnight a couple of nights ago and I see something coming up on me in my rear view mirror. The guy switched lanes and flew by me (i was going 75 in a 65) so he was probably doing 95 or so. He then let off the gas so I could catch up. I got up next to him and saw it was a Dale Earnhardt intimidator camaro. (he had the number 3 on the bottom right of the window and had an intimidator sticker also) It sounded really nasty, i am sure he had had exhaust but definitely not anything forced.

All of a sudden, he floored it (not proper etiquette at all, but whatever)...So i downshifted into 3rd and stepped on the skinny pedal. By the time i was at 85 i had caught up to him, by the time was at 110 or so i was bus lengths ahead of him and let off...he flew by me and got in the middle lane where i was and hit the brakes...(what a ass) I then pulled to the right of him and hit it leaving him in the dust.

maybe he thought i had all motor and not a SC and it should have been a better fight..either way i find that most people in milwaukee have no clue what a 2003 or 2004 cobra can do and they see a mustang and think its slow. it was still fun either way :rockon:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Ive always loved those intimidator SS's. Very rare and expensive.

Nice runs. Its always fun catching up to someone and then walking them.

weaselp1

Established Member
Ive always loved those intimidator SS's. Very rare and expensive.

Nice runs. Its always fun catching up to someone and then walking them.

they are rare and expensive...I think in 2001 they had around a 42k sticker...i like them too, but did not like the douche driving it...LOL

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
they are rare and expensive...I think in 2001 they had around a 42k sticker...i like them too, but did not like the douche driving it...LOL

If you can find one, theyre generally going for high 20's/low 30's depending on mileage and condition now. I've never seen on in person.

He seemed like a douche. :lol1:

03 deadpool

Established Member
Nice kills op he probobly was not expecting you to come at him like that. I get that all the time people dont know what a terminator can do asking to see my procharger cuase they heard the whine ? asking if it is a mustang with cobra badges ?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Far from it, they were going for about 30k fully loaded I believe and 2001 was the only year they made it, less than 100 were made. There was one used with very very VERY low original miles going for almost 50k

Looks very nice and came with 380-ish hp off the dealer, it was a strong car then and still strong now.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill OP. Never heard of the Dale E. intimidator on the camaro's, only seen the monte carlo's with the intimidator "package" or whatever it is.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Good Kill... unicorn car got stomped. haha

The 381 thing was just them accurately rating the ls1 (It apparently had to do with the car numbers? 3, 8 and 1).... just a lid/catback car with 3.73s.

Apparently it's the same as the Berger SS 380hp package.
http://www.ls1.com/forums/f57/berger-meets-dyno-82760/
329.59 RWHP 348.39 RWTQ (My 2001 Z28 made 324 RWHP 341 RWTRQ with Free Ram Air as my only mod.)

: GMMG - Intimidator SS :
Black & Onyx 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Intimidator SS | RK Motors Charlotte | Collector and Classic Cars
381hp Package (actual performance mods)
Cat Back Chambered Exhaust
High Flow Air Box Lid with Logo
3.73 gears and lowering springs

It didn't stand a chance...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread