My 2003 Cobra is "Economically" totaled per insurance

Burko

Established Member
Take the $, car will not be worth it in the end with the title status and work that it would need.

You can take ur 17.5k and add 5k and get another terminator with less miles if u did want another

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Always always always...
Refuse the first offer from insurance.

I'd take the $17.5k and find something new.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Take the $, car will not be worth it in the end with the title status and work that it would need.

You can take ur 17.5k and add 5k and get another terminator with less miles if u did want another
...and swap every aftermarket part available back to OEM.

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FJohnny

Established Member
Since you first bought your Cobra think back on how many times you have thought:

- I wish I had this color
- I wish I had that option
- Lower mileage would be nice
- What was that noise I thought I heard?
- And so on.....

Knowing now what you didn't know back then can you even imagine the car you'll end up with this time?

I envy you the fun of the search and the joy of the purchase. Hopefully one day very soon your bad break will feel like the best thing that ever happened to you. Good luck, man. It's out there.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
LMAO, as others have said... fight them on the claim. Bunch of thieves! Then after they pay out, drop them and get a better insurance company.

Edit: LOL, read fully then post... Do you owe on the car? That would be part of the decision making process. If not... the condition of the vehicle matters, and what your expectations for usage are. A broken car that you can rebuild for 6K is a different story than a car you can rebuild for 14K. It depends on your access and ability to repair the vehicle for less than they want to pay you, and if that vehicle would be acceptable to you...

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
Take the $17.5K and run to a better condition one with lower miles that isnt a salvage.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
$8k for a totaled car is ridiculous. It should be more like $3-4K tops. There is no way they drag that car to auction and get $8k for it. Why should you pay that much?

My super clean 1995 SHO with 60k miles got rear-ended and totaled back in 2005. I bought it back from the insurance company for $200 (two hundred). Car was 10 years old and cost $25k new.

I agree your best bet is to take the $17.5k and move on. But...if you could get the car back for $3-4K or less and part it out and make some money that would be worth it.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
I was in a similar situation years ago. I took the payout and stripped every aftermarket part that I could from the car after-hours in the dealers parking lot that inspected the vehicle. Take the money, and your parts, you'll be further ahead in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread