My 1st Dyno Run- What do u all think?

boostedsnake

Established Member
Hey guys, here are my dyno #'s on a DynoJet Dyno w/only the Bassani cat back and catted X ( the rest is all stock).

SAE Correction Factor
Max Power 376.4 @ 6500
Max Torque 354.1 @ 4300

STD Correction Factor
Max Power 387.5 @ 6500
Max Torque 364.6 @ 4300

I will post the dyno chart and the graph soon........What do u guys think of the #'s my car made?

Orange Poison

Established Member
I don't know much about Dyno #'s, as all Dynos differ depending on operator, weather condition, cool down time...etc. My car dynoed on a Superflow with my mods listed at 403rwhp SAE. The average with intake and full exhaust should be around 400rwhp. But you don't have a CAI. Perhaps when you throw on the Densecharger you will be around 400 rwhp.

How many miles on your car. That makes a difference too. Mine only had 1,750 on it.

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
How many miles?

Stock paper filter?

If you have very low miles and the stock filter and the weather / car was hot, then you are doing well.

If you have over 3,000 / 4,000 miles and a K&N or intake or it was cool outside, then they seem a little low.

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
How many miles?

Stock paper filter?

If you have very low miles and the stock filter and the weather / car was hot, then you are doing well.

If you have over 3,000 / 4,000 miles and a K&N or intake or it was cool outside, then they seem a little low.

I have about 3600 miles on the car and it still has the stock paper filter. After seeing how well the K&N 01 Cobra filter kit did on the 03 (based on the 5.0 article on CAI's) I decided to wait till the 03 kit's released.

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by slow lane
Get a CAI.

You should pop up to around 400 / 400.
[/QUOTE

Is it possible to make about 20-25rwhp w/a CAI kit w/my current mods( Bassani cat back and the catted X)?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
you will probably get around 15 - 18 rwhp with a straight open filter like the Amazon stage I kit, which is what I'd recommend.

:beer:

after you dyno again, if the numbes are still low then it could be that the dyno is not calibrated correctly or needs its own filter changed/cleaned.. or perhaps the cats are clogged.

you have the bassani x-pipe... just remove the cats and put in the straight pipes. It made nearly a 25 rwhp difference with my setup.

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
you will probably get around 15 - 18 rwhp with a straight open filter like the Amazon stage I kit, which is what I'd recommend.

:beer:

after you dyno again, if the numbes are still low then it could be that the dyno is not calibrated correctly or needs its own filter changed/cleaned.. or perhaps the cats are clogged.

you have the bassani x-pipe... just remove the cats and put in the straight pipes. It made nearly a 25 rwhp difference with my setup.

Did u ever get the check engine light w/the cats removed? Is it streetable? How loud did ur car get?

Users who are viewing this thread