My 1st Cobra tune

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
So im new to tuning cobra's/fords. Purchased the SCT proracer recently to tune my Cobra. Just recently installed a 2.3 Whipple.

Car has:
2.3 Whipple
60# injectors
BAP
BA2400
Accufab sbtb

Im stoked, my 1st attempt tuning and it wasnt too hard at all...I feel great doing it myself.

Car made 600whp/550trq sae at 17psi, 18* timing and 11.6af... 93 oct :beer:

About the only thing im still tweaking is my timing..
How does this Borderline Knock table look to you guys. Can I refine it any more? Do i need more/less timing in any areas? No signs of detonation yet with 93.

Borderline Knock Table:
19bnnq.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you actually seeing the full 1.99 load under boost?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ok. I was just asking because mine topped out at something like 1.5. To me it looks good. I usually run a little more timing then stock down low to keep it peppy out of boost. But I had a centrifugal set up.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

watman02

Established Member
newbie question what does the 1.99 on the left coulum stand for??? i would think 100 would equal 100% load, i havent got my proracer set up yet but will be getting soon.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
newbie question what does the 1.99 on the left coulum stand for??? i would think 100 would equal 100% load, i havent got my proracer set up yet but will be getting soon.

Load is a representation of volumetric efficiency, and because he is forced induction, he is capable of seeing higher than 1.0. In his case (and many many others), he maxes the table out. So the car uses the top line for spark based on load (as long as he is WOT above or at 1.999). Light reading if you want more info (calculations and such)

OP, Feels good doesn't it? Well done! Got the power I see, but how is the drivability? That is where all the time is spent!

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
do you guys usually do speed density tunes or a combination on both maf and MAP?

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
The car is running great. Im SOOO glad I've tuned it myself. It drives like an absolute dream.. NO issues.

JLT high boost should be installed sometime this weekend :)

...ill tweak the xfer function and see how she does

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread