My 1999 Newedge Dream Build is almost complete!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Love what you did with the car. Looks killer.
Kudos for sticking with it and good luck going forward bro! Head up!

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
You guys are all awesome. I didn't know what kind of feedback I would get on here with the color scheme, but I'm happy to hear that you like it! My goal was to build something a little unique and eye catching, but still very slick and clean.

As for the air ride setup, I don't have any pictures of the bags themselves all mounted up, but I do have a crappy cell phone picture of my trunk setup. Ill try to post it if it will let me. I plan on redoing the trunk setup again once I get the car back.

I remember seeing that car on IG. Definitely feel bad for all that shit you had to go through man. I couldn't even imagine having to deal with ALL of those different issues. Thanks for sharing your story! I enjoyed reading it and am glad you stuck through it.

now I can see the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CAR IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any pics of the air suspension? Thats one awesome ride man! I love it!

Kick ass, love the color.

Absolutely gorgeous. I miss my new edge more and more every day

Outstanding, dig'n the color and white wheels.

Wow what a crazy story man. I follow you on IG and would definitely say this is one of the best new edge stangs out here

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Love what you did with the car. Looks killer.
Kudos for sticking with it and good luck going forward bro! Head up!

Eatonualive281

Established Member
That's great man! I love the color. It's actually my favorite part about your build! I've always wanted to do an air setup on my car. I can't seem to find alot of ppl that have.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I was stressed out just reading about this. My first mustangs ended up at a real shady shop for a 5lug conversion and 87-93 interior upgrade. Ended up with me having to show up with the cops to get my car also.

Glad to see you stuck with it and made it through to completion. Keep that car forever man. Best of luck to you on your future endeavors

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wow, that's incredible. You have really fought through a lot, huge props for not giving up.

I kinda like the color scheme too, I think the only thing I'm having a tough time with is the yellow center caps but otherwise, it's bad ass.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Thanks man! Yeah, air ride is becoming more and more popular in the mustang community. When I did my air ride setup, they didn't have a kit out for the newedge mustang yet. So I had to piece the kit together to make it work. I love it though. You aren't limited to 1 ride height, and can adjust it all at the touch of a button. There are kits out now that handle PHENOMENALLY. They now have a coilover style setup that is a little expensive, but well worth the money. You can adjust the stiffness like a coilover, while changing your ride height to what ever you want it to be. It's great!

That's great man! I love the color. It's actually my favorite part about your build! I've always wanted to do an air setup on my car. I can't seem to find alot of ppl that have.

I'll never understand why so many shops choose to do such shady business. There's absolutely no reason for it. It's not that hard to run a good business. Do good work, keep your word, and remain humble and honest. But nobody chooses to be like that anymore these days, it seems.

I was stressed out just reading about this. My first mustangs ended up at a real shady shop for a 5lug conversion and 87-93 interior upgrade. Ended up with me having to show up with the cops to get my car also.

Glad to see you stuck with it and made it through to completion. Keep that car forever man. Best of luck to you on your future endeavors

The yellow center caps are actually going to be painted black with a custom logo in the center of them as soon as the I get the car back lol. I think it makes the wheels look like flowers with them being yellow, so that's one of the first things that is changing as soon as I get it back.

Wow, that's incredible. You have really fought through a lot, huge props for not giving up.

I kinda like the color scheme too, I think the only thing I'm having a tough time with is the yellow center caps but otherwise, it's bad ass.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Wow that looks incredible man very nice work and happy you stuck with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Read your whole post. I didn't realize what you were going through man I apologize. Glad everything is groovy now though.

Prove Ryan and me wrong and have that thing at MW17. :) lol

ricafortegio

a306juGRnot
Established Member
Amazing story man. I've been following you on ig for awhile and always wondered why it hasn't ran. Glad everything is getting situated and completed. Can't wait to see running pics of it.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Thanks everyone. It's been a long and rough road, but I can't wait to be back behind the wheel again.

Been following you quite some time from the start of Wallace. Glad you stuck with it.

That took some perseverance! Good luck with the car!

Wow that looks incredible man very nice work and happy you stuck with it as well.

I love it minus the yellow on the centercap. Makes the wheel look like flower. The rest is amazing though.

Oh, so you and Ryan have a bet that my car won't be at MW17? lol hurtful:( tell that goob I said hey. He never calls or texts anymore.

Read your whole post. I didn't realize what you were going through man I apologize. Glad everything is groovy now though.

Prove Ryan and me wrong and have that thing at MW17. :) lol

Yeah, a lot of people on IG have been wondering what the deal is. Especially the newer followers who haven't been following through the whole process. It's so much to explain, as you can see, so I typically just don't respond anymore lol. But thanks a lot man! Hopefully there will be some dyno videos up soon.:D

Amazing story man. I've been following you on ig for awhile and always wondered why it hasn't ran. Glad everything is getting situated and completed. Can't wait to see running pics of it.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I want to thank you for this post. I've been faced with two-three terrible years and I had the same thoughts you did but luckily I know better and talked myself out of it. I couldn't find work so I couldn't mess with the cars, then my wife wrecked our 02GT so that was that on the drive able Mustangs. My fox will always be by my side but I never had money to put a drivetrain in it. Theres a lot that I'm unhappy with, money, personal issues and things like that. Glad to hear you made through and ended up with a nice finished product. Seems like things are starting to look up at least I hope, I even went so far to say that by March 25(my 30th bday) that if things don't change then I'm checking out(I know I actually won't but still sucks I even think about it). I've finally found a job that pays enough to at least get cable and things like that back so we're finally getting back on our feet somewhat. Thanks for the post it really touched home. Sometimes it feels like the negatives won't ever stop knocking you down, looks like you've came out of it fighting for your life and you've pretty much got it beat. That's the true meaning of a car guy, when one can save your life, that's something a non car guy would ever understand. Good read, it gives me hope that you went through all of that and still pulled out, I just hope I can do the same.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
You definitely can do the same. keep on working at it. the fact that you can talk about it on here is a big help. People care and you matter. Stay strong and remember, we all go thru these things in life and we need others to help us thru the tough times, just like sharing the good times. You are not alone.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thanks everyone. It's been a long and rough road, but I can't wait to be back behind the wheel again.

Oh, so you and Ryan have a bet that my car won't be at MW17? lol hurtful:( tell that goob I said hey. He never calls or texts anymore.

Yeah, a lot of people on IG have been wondering what the deal is. Especially the newer followers who haven't been following through the whole process. It's so much to explain, as you can see, so I typically just don't respond anymore lol. But thanks a lot man! Hopefully there will be some dyno videos up soon.:D

lol we're just messing around. We know it will be there. I'll tell him.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Car looks fantastic!
I hope the bastards (first body man and shop) get whats coming to them.

Keep on trucking!

Users who are viewing this thread