My '13 gt vs New edge vs S197

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
I was in my garage installing my recently purchased shifter when I realized I should just drive to my shop because a lift would make the job much easier. So I put 2 bolts in the shifter base screw on the knob and proceed to limp it to the shop. I pull up to a bridge where it turns into 3 lanes wide when I see a 05- 07 blue gt and a red 01-04 gt spread out so we are three lanes wide. I let them have the hit and I put a few cars on em' fighting the traction control ( I have the console torn apart so I can't turn it off). I reach for third and feel the rpms drop crazy low as soon as I let out the clutch. I had hit 5th because I only had 2 finger tight bolts in the shifter. :bash: I still had them both by an easy 5-6 cars. I never thought I would run into any kind of race on my 3 mile drive. My mod... procharger, only known mods on red gt were long tubes back exhaust ,intake, and possible tune. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I thought you were gonna say you pulled the shifter out during a shift like that one video awhile back where the neon pulls the knob off the shifter. Good kill.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Good kills. How does having a lift make installing a shifter easier? Is it that much harder in the 05+?

There are two nuts holding the bracket that holds the shifter housing too close to the body to get one of the bolts out. Those nuts are under the car.

Gravik

Established Member
Damn, makes me happy that it takes half an hour or less and no jack stands to install a shifter on a new edge.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
One of the many things I miss about my ne mustangs. The coyotes have their strong points as well

Users who are viewing this thread