My 13' gt vs 09' Z06

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
So I went to a party for my wife's aunt and found out that her uncle has a 09'z. It has a tune and makes 471hp to the tires. We only raced once from 30 to about 120. From the honk I spun a quite bit in second so he jumped out front. By the end of third I had a car and a half. By 120 I had a few cars, not sure how many but he was back there. The procharger was the best investment ever!! Not a great story, but it was great fun!! Thanks for reading.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Good kill! I want to race a c6z soooo bad. So many of them around San Diego but none of them want to play.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
So you spun, got traction, picked up the two car lead, put two more cars on him by the top of 3rd. Amazing, that's like giving a Z06 four cars and catching him on the big end where they do damage. Nice running stang you have there.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
So you spun, got traction, picked up the two car lead, put two more cars on him by the top of 3rd. Amazing, that's like giving a Z06 four cars and catching him on the big end where they do damage. Nice running stang you have there.

yea thats what I was thinking but he did say car and a half at the end, either way I agree with you. Coyote's make 580ishrwhp on about 10lbs of boost right? Correct me if Im wrong but thats enough to beat a tune only C6Z but loosing traction and gaining a car and a half lead seems a bit over the top but I wasnt there so :shrug: nice kill.

whiplash306

Established Member
As a Z owner, I don't have any problem believing the OP's story, as again, "anything can happen on the street". HOWEVER, what I do call into question is the driver ability of the guy in the Z. If da5deuce's assumed number of ~580 rwhp is (close to) correct, then a properly driven 471 rwhp C6Z should have been able to maintain the gap that he gained right from the hit.....mayyyyybe losing only a bit of it over the long run. Either way, a win is a win. Good kill OP!

Fast?notyet

Established Member
The dyno numbers are fishy on the new coyotes they are beating alot of stuff with just a tune cold air and a axle back you have got a real street car add 100shot and it is a 10 second car all day, its ridiculous! NICE KILL OP

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
As a Z owner, I don't have any problem believing the OP's story, as again, "anything can happen on the street". HOWEVER, what I do call into question is the driver ability of the guy in the Z. If da5deuce's assumed number of ~580 rwhp is (close to) correct, then a properly driven 471 rwhp C6Z should have been able to maintain the gap that he gained right from the hit.....mayyyyybe losing only a bit of it over the long run. Either way, a win is a win. Good kill OP!

Yeah, he's probably not a great driver. Not relevant really. Still raced a car with IMO has the greatest engine built by Chevy and possibly ever, and won! It was a blast for both of us.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member

THIS!!!!^^^^^ I dont think op should have regained the lead at all especially going into C6Z territory(100+mph) because thats where that 7Liter shines from all the roll races I've seen. A tie MAYBE but reeling in a C6Z with (MAYBE) 580RWHP IDUNNOABOUTHTATONE

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
I'm trying to get another race with a camera next time, it is what it is. Wish I did have a camera tho I like those threads better.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Op, what are the specs and HP of your car. Im assuming its a stage 1 w/ p1sc blower. If so @7psi and the base procharger tune your probably around 530whp, if you have an aftermarket lund, aed, tune tune then your probably closer to 570whp@7psi. If your at 10psi then your probably over 600whp. That should be plenty to put some lengths on a C6Z. Good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread