My '12 5.0 VS a new Challenger R/T

Ditty

Established Member
Tonight after running some errands the g/f and I were heading home on 95S from Whitemarsh, MD to the house in Baltimore. Some guy in a newer Challenger with Delaware plates comes flying up behind us and pulls up on the left, matching our pace. With traffic and all, and my g/f driving, we mentioned it but didn't think too much of it. This guy is obviously looking for a little run. Traffic cleared a little and the g/f dropped good 'ol Scarlette into 4th from 6th and floored it. The Challenger was already starting to pull and he never had a chance. We never even took it out of 4th and got it up to about 90 before having to shut it down due to an oversized load merging onto 95. Once the we got passed the truck, Challenger-Guy SLOWLY passed us by and refused to look over as he passed. Score one for Scarlette and the g/f forcing him to go one about his evening with his tail between his legs!

CruuzRR

Established Member
Nice kill. Did your g/f get a kick out of it or what.
My previous car was an R/T and I always wanted to run one for giggles. Ran across three so far and none would bite. Need to remove my 5.0 badges or something.
I had more challenges in the r/t than the Mustang. Some of my Challenger victories were 6.0 GTO, WRX STI, ls1 camaro, 06 Rouch s/c mustang, nicely modded ss/tt cobalt. Many runs were at our 1/8 mile track, so it ran ok. Losses were against ls1 w/cam camaro, m3, and totally destroyed by an AMG coupe. From the second the light went green I got humbled then humiliated but I expected it. lol. Seriously, the AMG took off like it was a high powered AWD car.
Seat of the pants feel of my 13 feels like it would destroy my old challenger, so not surprised the outcome. Soon as the Chally hits 3rd the power drops off but the first couple gears were nice. Still like the SRT's but have a sore spot for the R/T's due to machanical issues.

Last edited:

CruuzRR

Established Member
My 5.0 had a Challenger r/t for breakfast this morning and a WRX for dinner last night. The WRX had a dozen stickers on his back window; I'm guessing his mod list. Neither was much of a challenge. Very pleased. Funny thing was I didn't expect the WRX to take off and I took off in second gear. Looking forward to our track opening on March 9th.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Ditty

Established Member
What was a Challenger R/T doing in the kitchen?

Hahaha....I see what you did there....but you might be supprised to hear that my g/f is a better driver than probably 75% of the population of this forum. Skip Barber can attest to that!

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Haha that's cool man. I saw a slow pitch softball and had to hit it. Skip Barber is a great program. Good kill. They are pigs. Good looking pigs. Even the 392's have a hard time getting out of the way of themselves.

All them think they are like this though...
url

CruuzRR

Established Member
Hahaha....I see what you did there....but you might be supprised to hear that my g/f is a better driver than probably 75% of the population of this forum. Skip Barber can attest to that!

Lol, I don't think his post was aimed at your g/f. May of been the way I worded mine. Cool g/f though for sure.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I would have had a hard on after that (you know because the G/F laided it down)

Hell yeah!

nice kill!

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Meh. Good kill. I've run a couple R/Ts but I'm not going to waste my gas on any future ones - it's really not much of a contest for even a stock 5.0.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Meh. Good kill. I've run a couple R/Ts but I'm not going to waste my gas on any future ones - it's really not much of a contest for even a stock 5.0.

True.

I've been wanting to run a new Eagle Challenger/Charger/300, I've seen people claim that the older SRT8 isn't much faster than them. I want to find out:??:

willys srt8

Established Member
True.

I've been wanting to run a new Eagle Challenger/Charger/300, I've seen people claim that the older SRT8 isn't much faster than them. I want to find out:??:

I don't believe the crap that "they" have been saying about them for a minute. I've ran several and it's no where near close. I've ran stock SRT8s and they did much better but still not really fair. It's closer between the 392 SRT8s and the 6.1 SRT8s than it is between the 5.7s and the 6.1 SRTs from what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread