My 07 GT 10 second 1/4 vid Stock motor/trans/rear etc..

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
All the questions answered below....saves time that way :beer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrB5TGe15Q"]YouTube - HotRodHarrys 10 second 2007 Mustang GT w/stock,drivetrain,suspension[/ame]

My 2007 GT has a Saleen Supercharger with a 3.00 pulley making 13 to 13.5 lbs of boost. Stock motor/stock 5 speed automatic trans/stock torque converter/stock rear with 4.10s/stock rear control arms/stock axles/stock carrier/stock front suspension with stock swaybar hooked up/stock throttlebody. Mods besides Supercharger are 60 lb injectors/GT500 Pumps/Saleen Ulimate Air Intake and 95mm mass air meter/Roush Belt Tensioner/Kooks Longtube Headers/Kooks Xpipe w/cats/Ford Racing Mufflers/Spydershaft drive shaft/4.10 Ford Motorsport gears/Lower Control Arm Relocation Bracket/Drag Radials (Mickey Thompson or M&H..I run both) Car makes over 500 rwhp(race tune) 487(street tune) to the wheels and all this on the stock original motor/trans/rear/suspension. Full weight....More on my website HotRodHarrys.com Tuned by TeamJDM.com in Freehold NJ. All I do is just leave around idle and go! I do rev the car twice to clean the converter out before I stage. I lifted just before 2nd hit on my fastest pass so the car didnt spin in 2nd and go right into 3rd. But these new 5 speed automatics are a blast...having 4 gears to hit the 1/4 mile with.....depending on the weather. Race tune = race fuel (over 100 octane)
10.73 with Bogart Rims & Drag Radials
10.88 with Street Rims & Drag Radials
10.98 with Street Tune
Full weight 3683 lbs
The tracks I race on are at elevations 60 to 100 above sealevel.
With this car and only a 3.40 pulley on the Saleen Supercharger and 9 lbs of boost I have gone a best of 11.40 at 121 mph.. So if ya dont want to go too high in boost..that is a great setup....just copy and paste my mods and your Stang with the help of JDM Engineering will turn the same times. Atleast with the stock 5 speed Automatic people. Stick S197 cars are another story...alot more modding needed.

Last edited:

Blachatch

Established Member
very nice these cars run good with those blowers and an auto.. I dont see any 5 speed cars making those kind of times!

mr2cam

Established Member
*edited* I read the post wrong, thats moving!

Last edited:

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
wow...impressive . Definately the right combination of parts . What exactly is meant by "clean out the converter" never heard the term before .

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Wow on the times, and wow that you have had the same car for a while Harry!

Thank you!! and LOL....thanks for noticing buddy. Its been my longest ownership of a fun toy that I have ever owned. Going on 2 years in January! Freaks me out....out of all the cars I have owned...some pretty stout ones...this one is by far my favorite. I think maybe because I did it my way:burnout:

wow...impressive . Definately the right combination of parts . What exactly is meant by "clean out the converter" never heard the term before .

Thanks....

It helps get some fresher fluid in the converter after the burnout. If it does nothing...its a habit from my older musclecar drag racing days...:lol1:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Very Nice!!!

Thanks man....

very nice these cars run good with those blowers and an auto.. I dont see any 5 speed cars making those kind of times!

Not too many...not with stock clutch anyway..LOL!!

Wow that is set up just right. Good job.
Thanks so much...its been fun

hell yeah ! damn impressive man, congrats and hats off !

Thanks!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Sweet, very efficient setup!

Thanks man.... :beer:

Great runs but arent you worries about the Rods?

Thanks!!
Its been almost 2 years now...upkeep...cool downs...keep temp in the stock trans ...lots of good fuel and not beating on the car all the time. But of course we all worry about something breaking.....even my 03 Cobra's broke.
This 07 hasnt....even the stock axles and limited slip unit/carrier ..not a complaint. The stock original trans hasnt missed a beat either. I cant take all the credit...my tuner knows what he is doing with these S197 Automatics.
Nice car.

Nice car.
Thanks....always alot of sweet cars on this site...

very impressive. nice run. that why i have auto.

Thank you!!
These new 5 speed automatics are fun....having 4 gears works great. I wonder if anyone has put a 3V motor and new 5 speed automatic in the 2004 and early stangs yet? Wow...what a combo

Last edited:

Gixx1300R

Established Member
OK just wanted to show you want a S197 3V rod looks like.

rodtoothbrush.gif

HotRodHarry

Established Member
LOL!! Ive seen em....and there are a few around here running low 10's with alittle more mods than mine ...and they just put rods in because that seems to be the first thing to go before pistons or crank on these cars.

But I know what you're saying.....I just set out to do this because alot of people said I couldnt do it. You know...will need a high stall converter...motor will blow...need a built trans...need a built rear....need a front sway bar delete...need control arms....need a bigger throttlebody....need to lighten the car up. And more I am sure....and then they all became very quiet and said...its gonna blow up. Thats all I get now...so I quited all the other remarks with proof. And I did it honestly....and had proof all along the way. My job is done.......now what? LOL!!!

Ah yes...03 Cobra Rods....in time...those or Saleen or Roush

ManleyRods001.gif

Last edited:

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Ahhh,I understand. I still remember all of the haters when the 05 Stang first hit the streets (It's too heavy,Why 3 valves per cylinder,They are too slow and ETC.)

Users who are viewing this thread