My 04 L Temperture/Compass Went out

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
(Title)..plus i searched and didn't find anything, but my middle console on the roof is completely blank..you can usually turn the display on/off when you press the black button at top, but now it's nothing showing and its been out for the past 2 weeks and it is really annoying me..is it a fuse that go somewhere to get it back on or do i have to go to the killer FORD dealer just for them to fix it?

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
no i haven't..i need to do that..so it do run off a fuse..my gf was saying it was a bulb lol..anyways thanks man i'll try to find the correct fuse for it

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
It won't be a fuse just for that, is anything else not working?

a long time ago about a year ago my lights on the bottom part of my air controls dimmed out..but it's bright like it should everywhere else except down in the corner where it is dim..but other than that, nothing has went out or anything..i keep having a feeling that my motor in my window is about to go out because my passenger side goes up and down alil slower than the driver side.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
it is not uncommon for them to go out. verify power and ground to the connector, if present, replace it.. they are about 225 bucks.

$225 Seriously omg lol..everything is overpriced so it's really no big surprise :banana: uggghhh!! o well..a college student never have any money because something always coming up lol :beer:

JollyGiant

Established Member
Mine went out recently and I purchased a used one from someone here on this forum. While I was waiting for it to arrive (he forgot to send it) I was examining mine and found a cold solder joint so 2 minutes and a little solder later mine was working fine. I still have the extra one if your interested.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Mine went out recently and I purchased a used one from someone here on this forum. While I was waiting for it to arrive (he forgot to send it) I was examining mine and found a cold solder joint so 2 minutes and a little solder later mine was working fine. I still have the extra one if your interested.

where do you even start to examine this problem at??

JollyGiant

Established Member
I removed the compass/temp display from the overhead console and plugged it back into the harness. I was just flexing the board and pushing on things when I noticed that pressing on one of the components caused the display to come on. A quick trip to the soldering station and it has been working ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread