My 04 Gt vs 08 cobalt ss turbo

LS1SS

Established Member
My 04 Gt o/r x pipe only vs 08 cobalt ss turbo exhaust, intake, and trifecta tune @22psi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TVISmqkQtU"]YouTube- cobalt ss turbo vs mustang gt[/ame]

LS1SS

Established Member
Well we ran a total of 4 times this is the only that was on video he would beat me by about 1-2 cars each race to about 110

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
wow im suprised you hung in there with only a mid pipe. good work. those turbo ss's can be pretty quick.

LS1SS

Established Member
Yea they're pretty quick but if you look in the video description the guys in the cobalt swear up and down that i have more mods than just a o/r x pipe.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
nice death you hung in there pretty good for your mods.

here is a video of me and my friends Cobalt SS/TC back when i had my old WS6, the new turbo cobalts can be made quick very easily

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Cobalt-SSTC-and-WS6-Drag_639974.htm]Cobalt SS/TC and WS6 Drag Strip Runs - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

LS1SS

Established Member

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Not for nothing, but it was about to get real ugly for you.. I bet if you guys raced for a longer pull the results would have been much more unfortunate.

Those Cobalts are no joke.

LS1SS

Established Member
Not for nothing, but it was about to get real ugly for you.. I bet if you guys raced for a longer pull the results would have been much more unfortunate.

Actually man we raced 4 times this is the only run we got on video and all 4 times he would only pull me by 1-2 cars

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Actually man we raced 4 times this is the only run we got on video and all 4 times he would only pull me by 1-2 cars

You misunderstood.

Had you gone further than 110, his lead would have increased.

Don't know why he had to point out this bench racing fact, but he did.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member

^My car is FAR from fast, but for some reason this made me LOL.

StangJason

Established Member
You misunderstood.

Had you gone further than 110, his lead would have increased.

Don't know why he had to point out this bench racing fact, but he did.

Why would you want to go past 110mph when the car finishes the 1/4 mile at 110mph? I think going much past what your car does in the 1/4 mile is a waste plus it gets far more dangerous than it already is!

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
nice death you hung in there pretty good for your mods.

here is a video of me and my friends Cobalt SS/TC back when i had my old WS6, the new turbo cobalts can be made quick very easily

Would you happen to know if your friend is still running the stock Continental Tires, or another brand?

I only have a Tune on my '09 SS/TC and have serious traction issues in 1st (and sometimes 2nd) w/ my Stock Conti's.

Not that I plan on ever racing it - I don't. It would just be nice to hook up a little better on the street.

bullitt2735

Established Member
interesting results, but not surprising.... about a year ago, before the trifecta tune came out all they had was the hahn tune. (my friend has an 08 ss/tc, he should of waited for the trifecta tune haha) My full bolt on bullitt with tubular k pulls my friends hahn tuned ss/tc by about a car from a 60-115ish pull

lilbuddy1587

Banned
That's a poorly tuned (Read: Trifecta tunes are junk compared to custom HPT tunes) SS/TC to only pull you by 1-2 cars considering with those mods and even with that tune, he should be pushing 290-300whp. 290ish whp in a sub-3k pound car is going to put a hurting on a 230ish whp 3300lb GT.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Has much as everyone hates on them for being...
a) a GM Product
b) Cheap
c) 4cyl

They can be made to be pretty mean without a lot of work.. Very similar to the EVO's, where big power for the engine size can be made with the stock turbo...

They are light, make pretty nice power, and actually handle extremely well..

In my terminator, I gave a Cobalt SS/TC the hit and ~5 lengths from a ~10 mph roll and it took me to a little into forth to catch up... This is on a ported eaton, with a 2.80 upper at the time.. So FWIW they are no joke.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member

^ reply: x2 ^

Has much as everyone hates on them for being...
a) a GM Product
b) Cheap
c) 4cyl

They can be made to be pretty mean without a lot of work.. Very similar to the EVO's, where big power for the engine size can be made with the stock turbo...

They are light, make pretty nice power, and actually handle extremely well..

In my terminator, I gave a Cobalt SS/TC the hit and ~5 lengths from a ~10 mph roll and it took me to a little into forth to catch up... This is on a ported eaton, with a 2.80 upper at the time.. So FWIW they are no joke.

^This is true they can be made fast, the new turbo cobalts are alot faster then the older s/c models.

..But I still dont see any over 270-300whp,fast as I have seen in person is 12 or 13 sec 1's, I mean new cars run that stock, and those are full bolt on boosted 1's with a turbo stock, and I agree with poster above my car is far from fast and im still n/a and they are a walk in the park for me. and stock what are they 200-240fwhp max? and thats a turbo cobalt the s/c are much slower, I would still rather have a s/c cobalt I love the sound of the baby eaton lol but I agree it is a gm I think its ugly and not a fan of 4 cylinders and it does make good power for a small engine but the turbo helps that out but compared to evo's and sti's those are alot faster cars, I wouldnt compare the 2, a stock s/c cobalt is 200hp and runs 14's 15's, a stock turbo cobalt is 260hp and thats crank hp, and those run 13's stock, quick but not fast as people make them seem, an evo and sti is much faster car esp when the mods begin bolt on or boosted more, that being said I would much rather own a wrx or sti over 1 of them.

In my terminator said:
^ This doesnt mean anything, when a car is already that far ahead of course its gonna take time for you to pass him, the ? is why would u go from a slow roll which is no traction for you and give him a jump and a 5 car head start? even a slow car it would take time for you to pass him giving all that advantage to the other car lol Hell my n/a 5.0 is slow but with my power to weight you can give me 5 car head start and jump from 10mph roll I bet you wouldnt pull on me either until 4th or 5th gear and im slow lol .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread