My 03 Cobra

Marcus Aurelius

2B4BA0F7-4EDD-40CC-93A0-F6896C0630F8.jpeg
DFE072E6-BA39-46CF-BBB8-75ED5A1E75D3.jpeg
F394B7BA-3CF8-421C-81AD-7671CB572DA3.jpeg
A2E12D33-A16C-4456-97B2-B8C4E97D6D0E.jpeg

Marcus Aurelius

I’m looking for some advice or a little help on a situation I’m in. I just paid $18000 to a shop to fix and upgrade my 03 Cobra, long story short, they had my car for 11 months, when I got it back my alternator caught on fire and blew up my battery, happened it two times, my serpentine belt snapped while I was driving on the freeway after I got my car back the 3rd time, the pulley on my belt tensioner somehow broke off, need a new fuel pump even though supposedly a new one was put in, my fuel gage sensor doesn’t work now, wiring issues now too, different bolts on the valve and coil covers. My car is running like garbage and it’s only been a year and half since I got the car back from the shop. There’s still damage from the battery acid in the engine compartment and on my hood & fender. I know I got screwed from this but how do I go about getting this made right?

Last edited:

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
To make it right, you're going to have to learn to work on the car yourself. Fortunately, there is so much info already on here that you can search. Asking for help in this forum has always played out well for me on here as well. This is THEE ONLY way you will be able to make it right. If the shop couldn't do it right the first time, they're not going to be able to do it right the second time.

Some of your issues I've experienced myself so I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I might add, I am speaking from experience. My car was an absolute basket case.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you discussed your issues with the shop who did the work? If so, what was their response?

Oh, and nice Cobra. My favorite color!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
A lot of your issues are what many would call “maintenance” issues, belts, tensioners and alternators all fall into that category on these cars. Too much belt tension will certainly take out belts and tensioners. Alternators on these are notorious for failure on these cars. As mentioned above, learn to DIY, it’s not that hard really and can be a big part of the hobby. Just owning and driving a hot rod is only 1/2 the fun

Users who are viewing this thread