My 03 Cobra vs. 07 911 Turbo

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
Yesterday afternoon, I was in my Cobra cruising around with my friend who is in town from Vegas, long behold we see a brand new Black 911 Turbo with dealer plates cruising around on the other side so we made a quick u turn. We follow him for a while and end up next to him at a stop light. We acknowledge each other and we go from a roll 1st gear roll, I jump ahead but not by a lot, hold my lead by maybe a little less then half a car, once I got into third gear, he started catching up and was definitely going to pass me but we had to shut down. He was Auto/Triptonic btw. I was very pleased with the results with my car and the guy in the Porsche was also impressed. He said " Damn that thing is f***ing fast, what the hell do you have done to that thing?" I then told him a little bit about the car, told him the mods and we went our separate ways. By all means, not trying to start any crap, the 997 911 Turbo is a far superior car obviously and it will drop the panties faster. However, It's nice to be able to run cars like these and surprise them and sometimes even surprise yourself.:-D

BayareaSS

Established Member
OdessitPashka said:
Pretty impressive. But shouldn't you have beat him more? They have 480hp and you have almost that much whp. Nice race anyways :)
But i'm sure the 911 weighs a good amount less than a cobra with a passenger.

Good Run Rob. I love the 911 Turbo

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Good race. Yeah, the 911 is lighter and more aerodynamic. But it's fun to watch a guy in a $130K Porsche get challenged by a $35K Ford. Too bad you didn't get it on video.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
magazine articles and numbers mean squat. pro drivers in ideal conditions. You beat him fair and square.

But for numbers sake....my buddy with a 444 rwhp 03 Cobra ran a 11.91@119. So you are there.

Biggest factor.........driver.

SVTContique

98Snake03 said:
magazine articles and numbers mean squat. pro drivers in ideal conditions. You beat him fair and square.

But for numbers sake....my buddy with a 444 rwhp 03 Cobra ran a 11.91@119. So you are there.

Biggest factor.........driver.

Tiptronic=Cant miss a shift.

As long as the dude can launch then thats about it.

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
We shut down due to traffic but I was ahead and he was creepin in third gear, I technically won but If we kept going it was going to be over for me :lol:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
People also forget that these cars are highway monsters and will reach 200mph stock. I don't think a 480whp cobra will reach 200mph stock.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Khameleon said:
Tiptronic=Cant miss a shift.

As long as the dude can launch then thats about it.

shifting doesn't mean squat if you don't know where to shift....just because you have a redline doesn't mean that is where you need to shift.

Still a kill is a kill and driver vs driver being equal, I still say the 'bra wins.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
electrikoptik said:
People also forget that these cars are highway monsters and will reach 200mph stock. I don't think a 480whp cobra will reach 200mph stock.

LOL, I don't think you can put 480whp and stock in the same sentence!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Nice run!

I ran a new modded turbo porsche with me @ 21lbs and walked him HARD. He definitely had the look like wow didn't see that coming. He was all over me before we raced hitting it and letting off showing off his BOV and such and after he wouldn't look at me for 2 miles. Then finally gave me a thumbs up before exiting. He just caught me on the wrong day... too bad for him. :lol1:

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
awesome rob! those new turbos are sick cars. got to drive my dads the other day and its a very impressive car. good kill bro

imbuggin

Established Member
BayareaSS said:
But i'm sure the 911 weighs a good amount less than a cobra with a passenger.

Good Run Rob. I love the 911 Turbo

you may want to look into that. They are very close in weight before passenger.

200mph stock? I don't think so.

My best friend has a 2002 twin turbo, we have raced many times and I have driven his car many times. The car is sweet and drives amazing with the 4 wheel drive you can launch real well. However, when we race a walk all over him every time! If my memory serves me correct last time we check I was like around 500 lbs lighter at 31XX lbs than him with about 50-100 more hp.

I think it is the 4 wheel drive that adds a bunch of weight.

Users who are viewing this thread